September 08, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Acrobat DC
At my previous position, Adobe Acrobat DC was used throughout firm in all offices. It's great for word searches, editing, and organization. My previous position required performing optical character recognition (OCR) in ALL pdf documents to allow the attorneys and other administrators to search for words or phrases in a document at any given time. It's also great for encrypting or locking up a file to avoid accidental editing by an external party. This software addresses the problem of providing detailed summaries because of the word search capabilities. After performing OCR, you can search for words in any document at one time. After completing the word search, it provides a summary page of how many times it was found, the page number, and the sentence.
- It's great at searching for words. It will provide a summary page of how many times the word was found, the page number, and sentence.
- The character recognition is good. Allows for a powerful word search.
- Very easy to create popular softwares (i.e. Word, Excel, Pages, etc) into a PDF.
- Conversion from PDF to Word, Excel or any other formats. As of now, the format is very messy, even after OCR.
- Recognize handwriting.
- The comments feature can be improved.
- This software has aided legal assistants & paralegals with drafting summaries by cutting down billable time on documents less than 20 pages.
- This made it easier to fill-in and complete court forms provide in PDF from the court site.
- Converting PDF to WORD requires much more time than necessary to reformat. I do not recommend converting any PDF into any other format.
I believe this software is crucial for any business because it's compatible on all devices. I do not see where this software would not be appropriate. This software can be used for anyone sending an invoice, submitting a proposal, distributing newsletters/flyers, delivering reports, etc. I would even recommend it to students in colleges, if this software is available to them through their school.
Using Adobe Acrobat DC
15 - The people using Acrobat DC involve attorneys, legal assistant, file clerks, admin, and paralegals. The file clerks scan and OCR all documents before filing. The paralegals summarize the PDF documents. The attorneys draft motions and discovery based on the documents in file. When completing a large motion or report, the paralegal or file clerk will convert WORD to PDF, then bookmark each section for filing.