Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Sign
My organization provides workflow solutions to our users. We integrate with Adobe Sign as one of our connector actions so that our users who use Adobe Sign can also benefit from the integration. Our users can create Adobe Sign agreements, send them to target user for signatures, and store the signed documents, via our workflow solution.
- Works well with different document format.
- A good set of functionalities provided by the API and good documentation.
- Fairly speedy email responses after agreement is requested for signature and signed.
- Portal UX could be better designed.
- Have a way for users to see the agreement ID in "Manage" page.
- Better debugging/troubleshooting support for API.
- More information display for errors when using API, retain for longer period of time in "API Request Log" page.
- By integrating with Adobe Sign, our business gives users a broader support on their use cases and helps designing a more complete workflow solution.
- User reached out to our support because Adobe Sign API executed with errors. We spent much time trying to troubleshoot.
Adobe Sign support team is able to advice when we are facing challenges integrating with API. However, they are not technical enough to give better solution to us such as recognizing there are things to be improved on internal implementation. We do not have direct contact with technical people (engineers) within Adobe Sign team. This makes the support experience undesirable for backend engineer such as myself.
I think Adobe Sign is a very versatile solution as a whole. It does what it should and supports most common use cases in terms of functionality. Considering also the management portal, I do think much improvement needs to be done to improve the user experience.
We integrates with Adobe Sign to provide that solution for our users. I do not use it as e-signature solution in our daily workflow.
Do you think Adobe Acrobat Sign delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe Acrobat Sign's feature set?
Did Adobe Acrobat Sign live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Adobe Acrobat Sign go as expected?
Would you buy Adobe Acrobat Sign again?
I think Adobe Sign is a fairly versatile solution to request and retrieve signatures, and manage status of the agreements. However, I do think the portal's UX/UI design is very outdated and old fashion. It's really hard to navigate, information is not well structured and presented. This is suitable for people who have been using this for a long time where they have adapted to it. For new users, it requires some efforts and learning to be efficient with the portal.