A comfortable ship to be on board in the journey for digital transformationhttps://www.trustradius.com/low-code-developmentAppianUnspecified7.61611012017-10-24T17:17:35.108Z
October 24, 2017
A comfortable ship to be on board in the journey for digital transformation
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Appian
The ticketing system works quite well and they improved a lot adding some help-desk centers in Europe (more comfortable with the timezone you are working in). For incidents, the answers from support are satisfying too.
The usability is quite high thanks to the modern appeal of the platform. In general, the possibility to build the form in a flexible way, lets the designers thinking about UX design principles and mostly co-design the front-end with users that will use it. By the last release, Appian added a lot of new items for form design that are improving a lot the possibilities designers have. The only doubt I have is in the evolution of the Record, Report and News section that sometimes can solve the same problem and you should choose only one of them.
In our company Appian is used across almost all the organization. We use it to develop end-to-end processes that involve different offices. The business problems we try to solve by Appian are mainly: foster the communication between departments, manage the tasks that every department should do, being sure that every department has all the information to do the task they are assigned, to and control the time every department needs to complete their tasks.
- Easy to modify the appreance of a form: you can do it with users.
- Flexibility: you can really create a lot of different apps for different topics.
- The speed in development in order to have the first functional mock-up as soon as possible.
- Even if Appian is working a lot on it, it should improve the low-coding features.
- Improvement of the form design not using sail.
- Foster the connection for different customers, all of them using Appian. Having a process across companies and not only offices could be great.
- FTE re-assigned in activities with more added-value.
- Data-entry automation with more efficiency and less risk.
The most suitable scenario is every company with low digitalization involvement. Appian is very flexible and can be adapted to different processes, starting from the oldest one. For companies with standard processes, Appian is going to work effectively and fast. Probably nowadays it is not the best for small companies that don't have the budget to spend on consultants or in the creation of an excellence team inside.