Overall Satisfaction with Appian
On usability space, We found Appian is a very simple and nice to use interface. The browser independent support is another key aspect to implement a solution at an Enterprise level.
Develop once and use anywhere like Mobile & IPAD devices is another key aspect to see the usability. There are few improvements required in the Mobile version. However, overall it's a good to use system.
- I have observed after version 17.1 we have a lot of good features in Appian that improve usability (UX). This adds real value in this competitive Digital space.
- You can understand business use case and convert it to a logical process automation.
- Process Modeller has improved a lot and providing smart services use adds more value.
- Service integration helps us to seamlessly integrate with third-party systems
- There is an improvement required for Reporting part.
- UX can also improve such as in consideration of some CMS system. Sometimes business usually compares the UX with some CMS systems like SharePoint.
- Tableau or any other visualization tool integration is Key to provide Single customer View.
- Some of places like Fund & Share Class Launch processes we have achieved the ROI. Some of the places we are still working on this.
- XTRAC. and K2
We have evaluated three products, Like K2, XTRAC. Some of the key highlights are: Whilst XTRAC participated in the POC, it was mutually agreed that XTRAC does not support the extended BPM requirements which form the must-have core platform process requirements. XTRAC, therefore, did not continue with the POC.
Appian has shown to be ahead of other BPM tools in extending beyond traditional BPM capabilities and seeking to fully maximise efficiency through the linking of the process to the data, and by providing the out-of-the-box data-centric architecture. Appian web pages are fully configurable to show the complete data record in an intuitive, unified user interface.