Overall Satisfaction with Avanan
Avanan is being used as our primary email security platform. End-users have the ability to report junk and phishing emails via [the] Outlook plugin, administrators are the ones primarily in the tool on a daily basis. It's our front-line defense against email-based threats and has been doing a good job, has outperformed [our] previous product.
- Easy to setup
- Easy to administer
- Easy to report junk and spam emails
- Easy to report threats and resolve issues
- Emails the platform sends out after setup require customization they're very basic and unreadable
- Support is overwhelmed at this point
- [The] initial implementation we fast but confusing to a point some things we skipped that were discussed during the demo and never got done when put into production.
- Email is kept more secure.
- Provides [users] with [the] ability to request an email to be delivered if needed out of quarantine.
- The amount of time administrators spend working on email security issues has been cut in half from what they were with our previous vendor.
Support is overwhelmed right now at the rate the company is growing. Initial contacts with support are cold, very automated, cookie-cutter replies and responses. Once they get to [work] on your support issue it's all email-based, takes some time, and more often than not there's no solution for what you're asking about. Creating tickets for them is very easy from the portal. I hope with time the support process and knowledge will get better.
Do you think Avanan delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Avanan's feature set?
Did Avanan live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Avanan go as expected?
Would you buy Avanan again?
From start to finish this product only takes a few minutes to get up and running. After the initial setup, you can log into the portal to complete the customization for your organization. Working with Avanan on the process is quick but things can and do get [forgotten] about and or left off and a revisit tends to happen to finish the job.
Avanan Feature Ratings
700 - Sale, support, customer service, IT, IS, AR, AP, all business units are protected using this solution.
9 - help desk, and other IT infrastructure techs use/ administer the product.
- Email spam blocker
- Malware protection
- Shadow IT documentation and notification
- Phishing protection
- Hidden email security gateway
- Office 365 account take over notification alerts without having to buy into P1 licensing via O365
- Possibly to stop out going spam flow
- Usage and user monitoring and tracking for email use
We've just started using the product and have another 7 months to go under contract. At this point I'd renew, Avanan continues to improve the product as well as their support.
Evaluating Avanan and Competitors
Yes - We were using Barracuda email security gateway. Needless to say it was allowing an alarming number of emails phishing our employee's to the point we had many accounts being taken over. The ESS and Sentinel products were terrible and way under performed as to what they were supposed to be capable of doing. We made the move away from Barracuda with a year left on our contract after Barracuda refused to address our issues.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Our displeasure with our current email security gateway platform pushed us into finding a new solution vs waiting out our contract.
We were using Barracuda Email Security Gateway. Needless to say it was allowing an alarming number of emails phishing our employee's to the point we had many accounts being taken over. The ESS and Sentinel products were terrible and way under performed as to what they were supposed to be capable of doing. We made the move away from Barracuda with a year left on our contract after Barracuda refused to address our issues.
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Quick Initial Response
Problems left unsolved
Need to explain problems multiple times
Relationship with Avanan
Only a one year contract to try them out being the new vendor on the block.