How Dayforce WFM v6.44 has brought us into the 21st century!
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We also went through a complete RFP process last year, and we will be moving the rest of our payroll/HR/benefits to the Dayforce platform in 2019. By far, it had the most functionality and best configurability for a reasonable price.
- The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
- The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
- We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
- I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
- I attended a different Dayforce FIT session at Insights 2019 for Payroll. It was a great in-depth overview of how the payroll module works, and greatly enhanced our readiness for implementation of the payroll module later this year.
- I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
- The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
- We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
- The overall record-keeping time has been reduced by 50%. And in locations that are now fully automated, using both the Attendance and TAFW modules for both hourly and salary employees, the overall record-keeping time has decreased by 66%.
- The ability to create the custom reports that are used every week, and save us countless hours of manual work.
Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
Salary non-exempt: web clock and TAFW
Salary exempt: TAFW and to review timesheets for direct reports
HR/Payroll Staff: web clock, TAFW, attendance module, scheduling, timesheets, reporting
- A good aptitude for learning computer software
- A comprehensive knowledge of state and federal payroll regulations
- Adequate data entry skills
- A basic understanding of SQL and SAP
- Attendance Module for tracking attendance and no-fault points system
- The ability to configure complicated pay policies and practices
- The real-time access to employee data for line management
- We customized one of the rate fields to house the hourly employees' vacation rates (different from their base rate)
- The ability to develop and use customized rotation schedules, even if only applied to one employee
- I am currently in the process of finding a way to use the application for FMLA tracking
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
- Product Features
- Vendor Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Difficult to get immediate help
Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Adding additional pay; ie. paid time off, retro pay, bonuses, etc.
- Once set up, Shift Rotations automatically populate the timesheets for all employees assigned to a Shift Rotation. Changes are very simple for the supervisor to make right in the application in Schedules. If company policy allows, shift trading is also an available feature which is easy for the employees to learn to use.
- The TAFW feature cuts the paper process requesting/approving/recording paid and unpaid time off into one easy step.
- It takes some time to learn how to correctly configure the software on your own, but classes are available and have proven to be a very valuable resource. Well worth the time and effort.
- We still have a couple of items that the system is not able to handle (on Timesheets) - so we still have manual work-arounds for them. (i.e. when an employee works an alternate job on a paid holiday).