Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software
Cisco ASA is a useful firewall for small and middle-sized organizations that need a firewall and router together. They provide us VPN, NAT, [and] routing features that help us to create secure connections with clients. We have multiple sites and clients across the [organization] so we created the IPSec Site to Site VPN for secure data transfer from one side to another side. We are using this firewall on our all sites.
- Unified communications capabilities
- Support both IPSec and SSL VPN
- Multi-node clustering
- IPV6 support
- Support advaced routing protocols
- Support policy based routing
- Easy packet flow
- Command line is very simple
- Cisco AnyConnect
- Beginner can't configure ASA through ASDM
- Very slow GUI
- Lots of vulnerabilities in Cisco IOS
- Cisco provides one of the best technical support
- Every type of Cisco study material and training videos available
- Easy to download IOS from Cisco website
- Very easy to configure
- CLI commands are very easy to remember
We have a small network so we were using ClearOS for security but this firewall is just a basic functionality so we decided to change and installed the Cisco ASA firewall. Cisco ASA provides us lots of features like NAT, routing, as well as security features for protecting our infrastructure. Technical support is also very helpful and provides the solution within SLA.
Do you think Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software's feature set?
Did Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software again?
According to my experience, Cisco is very useful and [their firewall] has good features. It provides you security with router functionality so you don't need to buy additional routers if you have a small network. It provides lots of options in NAT and features in VPN so you can configure it your own way.