Overall Satisfaction with CodeSignal
I use CodeSignal in order to prep for interviews within the software engineering field. This product helps to prep for tech interviews while simultaneously allowing companies to pre-screen candidates in an effective manner. CodeSignal gauges the technical competencies of candidates by asking them four tech questions and then deriving a score based on a multitude of factors like how fast they solve the question and how many test cases they pass etc. This score will then be sent to companies along with a report which is in theory supposed to identify whether candidates are competent enough technically to be moved into the next round. As it pertains to my use case, I was looking for software engineering internships in the summer, and tons of companies used this platform to screen candidates so whether I wanted to or not, it was in my best interest to practice and become familiar with the platform as much as possible.
- CodeSignal is very effective at giving companies a third party way to efficiently screen candidates before moving them into their next rounds of interviewing
- CodeSignal is effective at scoring and judging a candidate's technical competence with a reasonable margin of error
- CodeSignal has a great support team that responds very quickly and handles issues adeptly
- There have been some loopholes identified in terms of approaching the assessments, which can potentially compromise the integrity of the assessment.
- CodeSignal's biggest problem for me is that you can't take an assessment again. You have to wait 14 days. This is tough because if you do a test for one company and you don't like your score, your only options are to send the bad score or wait to take another test which can be problematic due to the strict deadlines some companies impose.
- CodeSignal could use a better way to prepare for the assessments within the website. Maybe like a 'module' on how to approach the test etc. This is because CodeSignal, while providing similar questions like the Leetcode website or the like, will occasionally ask questions that are far different from what is typical in tech interviewing websites.
- Its feature of providing companies a score of a candidate's technical prowess is pivotal to CodeSignal.
- The capability to calculate an accurate score that is representative of a candidate's technical competency.
- Making it easy and convenient to have all the companies you are interviewing for be in one place where you can take one test and send it to all companies saving you so much time!
- Has helped me get better at solving technical interview questions
- Has saved me time when entering the interviewing rounds with companies
- Has streamlined online assessments and allowed me to make a good impression when I had a good score but also a bad impression when I had a bad score
Do you think CodeSignal delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CodeSignal's feature set?
Did CodeSignal live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CodeSignal go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy CodeSignal again?
CodeSignal will be used by very good and prolific tech companies like Dropbox, Roblox, etc. So if working in tech and trying to get a job at one of these great companies, CodeSignal is a must, so it's best you get used to it now. This will provide an advantage moving forward, as the more experience you have with CodeSignal, the easier it will be to demonstrate your technical competency in these companies' assessments.