A must have tool for any B2B company to prioritize sales, personalize marketing and improve customer support. Demandbase is for account-level insights to boost ROI
Overall Satisfaction with Demandbase
- Demandbase is a reverse IP technology which plugs into your website and maps a visitor on your website to large enterprises (in real-time) and reveals crucial attributes such as industry, size, revenue, location etc. They have improved their match rate in the US from 16-20% to 33-35% in the US. Outside of the US the match rate is low, around 10%. This is most useful for a B2B company. If you use the demandbase technology on your website then you can tell apart the visits coming from your potential or existing client companies and serve them better. It opens up a world of possibilities of learning about what products and services your future or existing clients are interested in and what kind of support they are looking for - by marrying web analytics data with Demandbase.
- This technology only works for visits emerging from large enterprises. If the visitor is accessing your website from outside of his/her company network (e.g. working from home and using an ISP) then you can not identify those visits. Also, if there is IP-spoofing used by some large/mid-size corporations then you can get falsified data.
- Same logic holds for small or micro businesses where the business uses an ISP (internet service provider such as Comcast or AT&T) to browse your website then those visits can not be mapped back to a particular small/micro business.
- There are plenty but to name a few, 1) highly qualified sales leads 2) serving personalized content to improve customer experience 3) increase conversion by shortening sales process 4) upsell or cross sell products to existing customer base.
Demandbase was very responsive in integrating their technology with our SiteCatalyst data and also upgrading their IP database.
- Provide account based insights for large enterprise accounts.
- Integrate with other data sources such as SiteCatalyst (web analytics) data, VOC data, product analytics data to provide a 360 degree view of the most important customers for a B2B company
- Prioritize sales and marketing for major/key accounts. Improve lead quality by arming the sales personnel with advance knowledge about the clients.
- Identify Up-sell and Cross-sell opportunities.
It is a technology that we simply can not afford to live without.
Evaluating Demandbase and Competitors
We didn't have any other reverse IP technology before demandbase. DB was the first such software package for account based insights.
The consultant did a fantastic job in integrating Demandbase with Adobe Insight so we could leverage it to full potential. We also customized the industry groups specific to our company.
- Professional services company
We used an outside consultant to integrate demandbase with Adobe Insight.
Yes. The most important part is to integrate this technology in your web analytics system very efficiently. For example, we integrated it with Adobe's Insight tool (some companies use it with Adobe Discover). If it is integrated correctly then it is very easy to access, use and maximize it potential. I would highly recommend using outside consultants who specialize in such integration if you don't have internal expertise.