Best Backup Software We've Ever Used!
Updated June 02, 2020
Best Backup Software We've Ever Used!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Druva inSync
We use inSync across our org as the sole backup and restore client software solution for work laptops. It addresses problems of disaster recovery, file-level backup and restore, and new laptop migration. One of the unique problems it solved was the user level ability to restore files without IT involvement. Our previous backup solution did not offer this.
- User-level file restore. inSync handles this particularly well with a simple and easy to use interface.
- Device migration. inSync has the built-in ability to assist in migration of data from one device to another. It's not 100% foolproof but comes closer than any other software solution tested.
- Background processing. inSync is able to achieve real-time backups without taxing the system or even alerting the user that backups are occurring. This is perfect for laptops because they are not left running overnight and so finding dedicated times to do backups is impossible with traditional software solutions.
- Device migration is not 100% seamless. Perhaps a device upgrade wizard that guides the user would be an improvement.
- There are rare occasions when the background process spikes CPU usage while the system is in use. It could use some improvement in this area. Ideally, the user should never notice it is running.
- While it is nice that I rarely know it is running, it would also be nice if there was a user-configurable option to be alerted by email or pop-up when a backup is complete or some type of report to indicate how much is backed up and when. Just for extra peace of mind for those that want to be sure their data is secure.
- inSync has allowed both end-users and IT staff to focus on other issues besides managing backups or doing file restores. This saves countless dollars across the org.
- inSync has shorted the amount of time and effort spent during device upgrades, which minimizes downtime of each end-user resulting in more productivity.
- inSync has made backups and restores become a non-issue for IT staff and end-users. This saves time and money by removing data loss as a barrier to production.
We use unified protection for Sharepoint and have never had any issues with data loss. We will hopefully expand this to include Salesforce, Office 365 and others in the future. There is no doubt that inSync will be able to handle our needs in this area, as it has done such a great job with endpoint devices.
inSync completely replaced and improved on our old legacy traditional software solutions that we had been using for many years. It brought us into the cutting edge with cloud coverage, end user restores and real time backups. The interface is much easier to use and simple enough that most endpoint users love it.
Speed of implementation was very impressive. The endpoint client software has a very small footprint and everything is cloud managed so it is easy to use and very effective, plus very fast as a result as well. Most users did not even notice the switch until it came time to actually do a restore then they were pleasantly surprised.
Do you think Druva inSync delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Druva inSync's feature set?
Did Druva inSync live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Druva inSync go as expected?
Would you buy Druva inSync again?
inSync works best in an organization that uses laptops as their primary work device. It also works great where you want users to not have admin-level access but still have the ability to restore files. It may be overkill if you have desktop PC's—traditional backup software that runs overnight might be sufficient in those cases.
Druva inSync has made the transition of our employees from the office to work-from-home as seamless and painless as possible. Backups continue and are as transparent as if they are in the office. Plus the ability for users to self-administer has been a huge impact in reducing support call volume during this crisis.
While not directly affected by ransomware yet, Druva inSync has helped our organization with peace of mind in knowing that we are protected during this crisis in the event of a ransomware attack. This gives great comfort to users as they navigate a new style of telecommuting and all the inherent risks and dangers that come along with it.
Druva inSync has been extremely helpful in data preservation for employee furloughs during this crisis. The peace of mind in knowing that employee data will be fully available once they return as well as preserving security from data leaks is an unexpected benefit from using this product. Additionally, having the data available in case of the necessity for eDiscovery is also a potential benefit down the road.