Overall Satisfaction with Epicor ERP
Epicor ERP E10 is used by every person at my company. We have implemented all the basic ERP modules as well as Field Service. We run MRP daily, and use the suggestions to make purchasing and manufacturing decisions.
- User interface is improved and easy to understand and use.
- The switch from Progress to SQL has made searches faster. Reports are created in less time.
- MRP is unstable. It fails and when we send logs to Epicor support for review, they really don't have solutions or answers. It's always try this or try that. They do not have a handle on the MRP logic and cannot troubleshoot well at all. UF jobs have been created with zero quantity. When this happens, anything that was purchased for that demand is suggested to be cancelled, as well as jobs. This causes great consternation in our planning groups. Epicor has been "working" on this issue for more than 6 weeks with no resolution.
- Transferring inventory between bins is impossible due to a major bug in the system. Five months after Go Live and the issue is unresolved.
- The switch to SSRS reporting was difficult to say the least. There is only 1 SSRS reporting expert at Epicor and, once again, customer support is practically useless in this regard.
- From our users point of view, there is no measurable benefit to them after "upgrading" to E10 from Vantage 8.03.409a. In fact, the CEO has asked us how hard would it be to go back to Vantage??
- Overall, the move to Epicor E10 has had a negative impact on our business. We have spent more than $250,000.00 on upgraded servers and customizations and we have not seen one single benefit to this investment. In fact, we have many users that would love to switch back to Vantage.
- The payroll system Epicor foisted on us is under developed and does not meet our needs. On several occasions, direct labor personnel have been underpaid due to deficiencies in the logic and getting Epicor to react to this is nearly impossible.
- Overall, the Epicor customer service is lousy. If the answer to your question is not in their answer books, the issue goes into a "black hole", and answers or solutions are practically never given. Very frustrating.
- It took us more than 18 months to upgrade from Vantage to E10. In this time, we entered more than 300 support calls!
We selected Epicor Vantage 8 years ago, so this question does not really apply.
Epicor ERP is not well suited for custom manufacturing where you have large, multi-level BOMs. It might be OK for small shops with single level BOM and only a few users. We have more than 250 named users, three manufacturing sights and this software is just not suited for this kind of environment.
Epicor Kinetic Feature Ratings
Using Epicor ERP
Every function from Sales to Service including Sales and Quoting, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Finance and Field Service.
Epicor ERP Support
If the answer to your problem is not readily available in an answer book, your response or solution will take months, if you get one at all. Problems need to be sent to support and duplicated by them before they try to fix it. This is extremely frustrating because you have to prove to Epicor that you are having an issue. If by some miracle you get by this barrier, your problem is submitted to development for review. You can't speak to them or communicate in any way directly. This group appears to be completely unconcerned about user issues or customer service. Our experiences have been negative across the board.
Problems left unsolved
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
No - This would not be a good investment. We already pay a monthly fee for maintenance. Why should we pay more?