Review: "iContact - Easy way to connect to contacts"https://www.trustradius.com/email-marketingiContactUnspecified7.6691012013-11-27T16:56:51.204Z
Overall Satisfaction with iContact
- Customer service is beyond expectations. Every representative has full knowledge of every aspect of the program and provides detailed instructions including links. They are prompt and courteous each time as well as patient, staying online to chat until the entire issue is resolved.
- iContact is easy to use by providing building blocks in the form of modules. It is rather simple to move blocks of text or add new text boxes.
- Linking directly to social media is an intelligent way of instantly extending the reach of an email marketing piece. Having all major social media platforms through iContact also makes it easier to track.
- Tracking reports does the work for you, making iContact a one-stop shop for email marketing purposes. It is easy to see if the email marketing piece is truly reaching the target audience.
- Copying and pasting text can only be done using keyboard functions. The right-click drop-down menu exists but does not work, rendering the menu useless.
- Readjusting the size of boxes isn't easy and requires manipulating the program to get exactly the right look, which takes up an unnecessary amount of time.
- Lack of space for image storage reduces efficiency.
- The scheduling tool allows employees to work ahead, which frees up valuable time and increases internal productivity.
- Consistency in delivering allows readers (and potential customers) to get news when they expect, which keeps the business relevant and on the forefront of their minds.
- Being able to forward the email campaign to others has helped increase the number of subscribers.
I have not yet tried ConstantContact, but iContact has served our company well thus far. Although ConstantContact seems more popular in our circles, iContact has been trustworthy and reliable with very minor issues, if any. The one thing that really makes iContact stand apart from other programs is the excellent customer service.
iContact provides easy-to-use templates for those who are not familiar with HTML coding or advanced users can utilize the Message Coder to truly customize email marketing campaigns. Things to consider are certainly the purpose of the email marketing piece, target audience (contacts can be categorized in iContact), level of customer service (instant messaging with an actual representative is quick and painless), storage capacity (better to upgrade if in need of many images) and marketing needs (tracking reports can narrow down the number of emails clicked, opened, bounced, etc.).
3 - The entire editorial staff for our trade publication uses iContact to build weekly newsblasts sent to a variety of national and international readers. We also use the program to make special announcements relating to corporate spotlights, previews of our publication and new companies. Once an email has been drafted and scheduled, my staff can be sure that the email will reach the right people at the right time.
3 - Those using iContact must have basic knowledge of any CMS program to understand and properly utilize iContact. It is helpful to also have a working knowledge of other skills, such as creating hyperlinks and anchors, resizing images and copywriting to create eye-catching headlines and text. All other functions are clearly marked on the toolbar and made easy to understand.
- Weekly newsblasts.
- Special announcements - new company, print preview, corporate profiles/spotlights.
- Breaking news.
- In the future, the program may be used as a way to conduct surveys or to gain feedback from readers/clients.
iContact has been a quick and easy way to send any announcements and news directly to email and social media subscribers. Its tracking and reporting capabilities turn a simple email into a marketing campaign that can be used as a tool to efficiently gauge reader response and customer satisfaction, and ultimately to reach potential customers. The consistency and excellent customer service is what makes this program a pleasant experience.
Evaluating iContact and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
iContact provides both the necessary tools and technical support required to create, deliver and track email campaigns while maintaining a large database of email subscribers. It's proven efficient and effective with a multitude of features, and its ease of use allows for multiple employees to be easily trained in the program.
If possible, a preview of how the program actually works would have been helpful in determining its quality and ease of use, and whether its available functions would have been a good fit for the business' needs. A list of features alone can capture one's attention, but a hands-on demonstration can be even more impressive.
The program was implemented before I began with the company, but the renewal process was rather simple.
The customer support at iContact is probably the best thing about the entire program. Even if the program were difficult to use, the support staff helps guide the user with clear and precise answers, and the representatives do not rush users who have questions. In fact, representatives continue asking if the user needs help until all questions are thoroughly answered.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - Paying for any kind of technical or customer support should not be necessary if the program is easy to use and questions can be answered directly on the website. Paid premium support isn't even necessary with the helpful and knowledgeable support team available at iContact, who are quick, efficient and friendly.
Yes - Absolutely. When we had issues with hyperlinks, the support staff were patient and asked all the relevant questions to thoroughly investigate the issue, which did not even originate from the program itself. The program's minor shortcomings were overcome with the staff's innovative and creative solutions to ensure users can still rely on iContact for their email marketing needs.
When creating a brand new email marketing campaign, we wanted to create tables and learn how to add anchor links for the first time with very little working knowledge of HTML coding. The customer service representative not only guided us through the process, but also provided detailed explanations as to how each step works and why.
Certain aspects could be easier or allow for more creativity when building a message. iContact tries to make it too easy for those who are unable to build their own messages from scratch or customize using more advanced HTML coding.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Scheduling emails ahead of time is easy and a great way to work ahead.
- Adding hyperlinks does not require advanced knowledge.
iContact stays the same with the number of users added or taken away. It certainly remains reliable despite increased usage, and so, can be considered scaleable in that aspect.
iContact is regularly up and running. Only once has it been unavailable for maintenance, which is to be expected and even desired for optimal performance when needed.