Overall Satisfaction with JIRA Software
JIRA is used in my organization for tracking issues from production support by our support team. For customer delivery and platform development teams, JIRA is used for bug tracking and to create stories and features for building solutions and the product. It is serving as a product management software, and for solution delivery teams it is our primary project management tool. We have scaled and customized JIRA to several teams in our organization, and it is a very cost-effective solution for tracking all business issues from product development to production support.
- Bug life cycle management.
- Grouping of deliverables as: epic, story, change request, bugs, tickets, enquiries, etc.
- Logging estimates and tracking actual efforts, giving effective variance computation.
- Computing metrics for our projects using the custom fields in JIRA.
- The SLA management is ineffective.
- The assignee has to be an individual, which is a restriction. JIRA needs to enable issue assignment to a group/department as well, to bring it to an issue dashboard.
- Query management can be made easy with some add-ons like 'Script runner' which is currently outside JIRA.
- Prompt delivery.
- Following SAFE methodology via the Portfolio add-on in JIRA.
- Provided a cost-effective solution to track from product development to production support.
With easy customization, JIRA was able to scale up to our varying organizational needs. We did not have to buy separate tools for Bug life cycle management, customer support, product delivery, or project management. Nor did we build any other in-house solution. It spans to all departments in our organization by customizing a few fields and workflows from the JIRA admin module.
JIRA has been easy to integrate with other plugins like Portfolio. We have tried a few integrations with Atlassian approved plugins, and it's always been smooth and secure to integrate with JIRA.
Even novice users can easily learn to use JIRA in our organization. It is not complex to understand the workflows designed for product development. Administration and security management has been easy with complete data protection.
JIRA is well suited for bug life cycle management. For SLA tracking for production support, it is less effective.