Overall Satisfaction with M‑Files
M-Files is currently being used by all the Product Development organization following the closure of local hard disk drives. We use it for two main purposes: 1) Storage for the critical files and documents 2) File sharing for the company's internal and external communication. It brings safety and target to prevent loss of information. It now comes default with our laptops/computers and is being used as a default application. A mobile version is also available for usage. It is also integrated for daily office tools like Outlook etc.
- Ease of use. It does not require (or requires limited) user training. You can easily get used to the interface.
- File organization - but once file systematic (or the views) is being copied by the users.
- Compatibility - add-Ins with other MS Office products.
- Mobile platform integration.
- Folder views have to be created by each user. Otherwise you're not able to view the created folders by the other users by default.
- While saving files, it has to be done by using keywords - otherwise later on document cannot be easily found.
- It brings security as file sharing is limited to M-Files - We do not attach any confidential files anymore, only share them via M-Files.
- It maintains information to be kept inside the company as it is not being stored in local hard drives.
- It causes users to spend a lot of time while doing categorization, file views and document uploads.
- MS Outlook - It provides quite easy by just a ''right click''.
- MS Powerpoint...same logic as above...has perfect integration
- MS Excel
- MS Word
It is quite easy as it is added to main interface as a new tab. Has main features and by used through ribbons.
I could not have change to evaluate above software; however I know these alternatives have been evaluated.
M-files is being more required especially due to security purposes. I think more companies (especially big organizations) will require M-Files or similar programs in the future. Although user interface is easy to get used to, file management and view logic is quite different to MS Windows; which at this point creates a confusion for the users. It is a bit hard to get used to with file management/view logic. I think users lose much time to do correct/enough categorization in order to upload the documents.