MS Sharepoint, a good sharing softwarehttps://www.trustradius.com/collaborationMS SharePointUnspecified7.614361012019-07-04T15:22:15.699Z
July 04, 2019
MS Sharepoint, a good sharing software
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MS SharePoint
MS Sharepoint is being used by our entire organization, every department. With MS Sharepoint we can integrate with MS Excel, and with Office 365, so as I do my projects in MS Excel I can share them in MS Sharepoint. The good thing about MS Sharepoint is that all the data is uploaded to the cloud through the internet portal, so anyone with authorization can access anytime. Furthermore, as I work with VBA and MS Excel, there are some projects that I need to upload a series of files to the cloud, and MS Sharepoint gives me that possibility.
- With MS Sharepoint you can share (in my case) projects, initiative trackers, with ID and the information I need to start my developing.
- It offers cloud acaccessibility, so you do not need to maintain your documents on your hard drive.
- It allows Office 365 integration, which for me is really great. Using MS Excel and MS Sharepoint.
- If you are going to implement its intranet system, you may have some problems, Microsoft actually discourages that from happening.
- Sometime if you need to search, it requires a lot of internal customization.
- Social networking is separated from the rest of the intranet.
- Sometimes when you need to upload a great number of files, it becomes slow, and even some files do not upload, so you need to upload them manually.
- Reduced use of hard drive.
- Upload files to the cloud.
- Networking may be a negative point about MS Sharepoint.
- Now we have a worldwide intranet, all the organization can access.
We use OneDrive here too. But it is different than MS Sharepoint. OneDrive is essentially an online folder system for file storage and uploading. On the otherside MS Sharepoint includes many more features than OneDrive, such as collaboration, CMS, dashboards etc. MS Sharepoint granular version control and user access settings helps to control the security of their internal and customer data. While OneDrive encrypt to keep documents safe from prying eyes, only SharePoint can offer the added security of a standalone server.
MS Sharepoint is well suited in situations where you need to share files and directories with other people in your company. MS Sharepoint can upload file to the cloud, so if you do not have many space in hard drive it will be good to reduced your hard drive used, uploading files to MS Sharepoint. People can access MS Sharepoint anytime and anywhere, they just need the right permission.