MySQL is an old trusted friend that is always there for you
Jeff Peterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2018

MySQL is an old trusted friend that is always there for you

Overall Satisfaction with MySQL

We currently use MySQL as the primary database for our business application, our internal projects, and sales and marketing tools.

It is used to house user data, subscription data, sales leads, and usage information from across our organization.
  • We use PHP for our applications and the integration between MySQL and PHP is seamless.
  • MySQL has a lot of great documentation to help solve easy and more challenging problems.
  • The open source community developing and maintaining MySQL does an awesome job.
  • As more and more things move to big data / noSQL, it would be nice to see more of the functionality from those solutions find a place within MySQL
  • It may considered antiquated because of some of the other big data / no sql solutions that are available.
  • Since we use the open source version of MySQL and do not pay for support the ROI has been great since our initial investment was zero.
Not yet, but I'm interested in Oracle user groups - We use the information posted online from user groups to help solve some of the more challenging problems we have encountered with MySQL as our data sets have grown.
I have the most experience with MySQL so I feel most comfortable using and implementing it. I like it over MSSQL just because I'm not a fan of some of the features MSSQL has. My Mongo and Hadoop experience was for a very specific purpose and they better matches the project requirements.
Most of our use cases are for fairly small data sets that don't change a lot. MySQL really shines for us in these scenarios. But we have also used it to handle large data sets that are growing each day. When data sets get large there are many things you can do to handle them in MySQL but it isn't necessarily purpose built for those types of implementations - but it can work.