Overall Satisfaction with Nutanix AOS
Our enterprise virtualization is almost entirely powered (~99%) by Nutanix HCI running AOS. AOS provides us with a robust, modular and scalable infrastructure to deliver mission-critical workloads. AOS provides us the stability our customers demand, enables us to easily and seamlessly perform patching and upgrades, and gives us the peace of mind knowing that it's all backed by best-in-class support.
- Highly responsive support team behind the product, and direct access to the developers who provide responsive feedback to requests/technical issues.
- Single pane of glass management for the platform makes it easy to support and operate day-to-day.
- Delivers exceptional performance running even the most demanding workloads.
- Lifecycle management software has been less than stellar at times, requiring some manual intervention.
- It's not an inexpensive solution if you're running ESXi on top of AOS.
- The licensing model has changed a few times, hopefully the current model will stick.
- Reduced our datacenter footprint.
- Increased staff efficiency due to hardware standardization.
- It has decreased our time-to-production for our virtual environment expansions from months to weeks.
Nutanix provided best-in-business level customer and technical support. Direct access to engineering teams, priority handling of support issues, their field engineers and sales contacts are ever-present to offer assistance as needed. There is an outstanding community of users to assist online as well. There's also a free-to-use version of the platform called Community Edition, so it's easy to set up a lab environment as well for training purposes.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Analyst Reports
- Third-party Reviews
For us, it came down to product features and usability. We put the product through its paces in a POC, it exceeded our expectations. AOS enabled us to greatly simplify the management of our entire virtualization environment using the PRISM console.
We were informed from the word go, by our users, that they noticed performance improvements as soon as their workloads went live on the platform. We have varied workloads running on AOS, with demanding CPU, memory and, disk-intensive characteristics, and Nutanix handles them all brilliantly.
AOS is the perfect fit for anyone looking to run HCI in their environment. It's built to scale, so it can work as well in smaller companies as it does in a large enterprise setting. It's also endlessly customizable, so the components it's made up of can be tailored to meet changing needs.