Overall Satisfaction with Oracle BI Foundation Suite
Oracle covers all the technological needs of a company. Reporting requirements are covered with BI Publisher, and ad-hoc reports can be distributed to all of the strategic line. I love Oracle Answer. Users can create their own reports and share them with the rest of the organization. Oracle has an intermediate layer where dimensions and metrics that will be used are defined. This allows for greater control by the IT department. Other tools allow you to connect faster data, but there are risks involved in not being in control of the data.
I have worked with many end customers which have used this technology, and the key to success is the use. It is important to be involved at all stages: analysis, development and implementation. Oracle BI is not a simple deployment tool as it has very powerful features and it’s hard to see that all are used in all companies. For example, I have seen rarely seen the Oracle scorecard implemented, because it occurs at a very advanced stage of understanding business data.Overall, I have seen very good satisfaction with the Oracle solution.
- Self Service - Oracle answer keeps the multi-language fields with custom tooltips in dimensions and measures to facilitate their use. We can even assign security dimensions and measures that can be used by users who want them.
- Complete solution - reporting, analytics, scorecard.
- Unification of data, the architecture makes the solution on that can leverage the same information for reporting, analytics and dashboarding.
- BI Publisher - it is the best tool for customized reports with Microsoft Word. Users can distribute these reports to the entire organization by applying rules shipments.
- Our customers say that the technical documentation is extensive and difficult to understand.
- Data Integration - difficult integration with origins that are not database, but does allows some.