Overall Satisfaction with Owler
We use Owler on our Sales and Marketing teams to keep tabs on our named accounts and industry news. It is a great "dynamic" rss feed that doesn't require a great deal of manual work, and the manual work that it does require is pretty simple and light. Great to help us stay up to date on industry news and arms us with good background info for sales/marketing outreach.
- Great industry info.
- Really good industry- or company-specific rss feed.
- Love the funding/merger/acquisition alerts that we get on companies and portfolios that we follow. Often even more timely than Crunchbase since it's based on press releases rather than Crunchbase's data team reaching out to VCs to get their portfolio updates.
- Pretty good firmographic data on companies (# of employees, ann. revenue, website, c-suite members, etc.).
- We get all these great benefits for free!
- Sometimes the email alerts, industry info, and other stuff Owler sends out is less relevant because it casts a wide net. You ensure you get just about everything this way, but it does mean more filtering/sifting on your part. Really not a big deal though.
- Like I said before, it does take some manual setup work, though it's not terribly difficult. It's simple to do, but having to update your preferences each time you want to follow another company can get tedious. I imagine that Salesforce integrations and paid versions solve this problem.
- The alerts in my email inbox save a lot of time so I don't have to search the internet for the same information.
- Crunchbase, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, D&B Direct and DiscoverOrg
Over the last few months and products updates, I've noticed that Owler, Crunchbase, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and many other platforms are starting to be more and more competitive with each other. I have yet to find a real major differentiation between them. I guess I trust the data a bit more from LinkedIn because it is crowd-sourced. But I use Owler, Crunchbase, and Sales Navigator in my day-to-day.
Owler is great if you are wanting regular updates on specific companies or industries. You get funding/merger/acquisition updates, press release updates, competitor updates, and more. You can also use Owler to get company data for data enrichment. It is a fantastic tool to use to get a crash-course background on a company to arm you in your outreach and sales efforts. It also offers a fair amount of integrations.