Your pay your way
April 24, 2017
Your pay your way
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Paylocity Web Pay
Across the whole organization. It provides an effective means for employees to provide electronic timesheets that integrate with Payroll processing. It also provides a system for government tax reporting, W2 reporting and payroll recordkeeping that provides reports to integrate with our General Ledger through import of information. The system provides employees with their individual payroll information by check and all leave balances real time. Set up to provide needed information for General Ledger information is an involved process that takes step-by-step communication with Paylocity to meet your needs.
- Paylocity's timesheet set up flexibility permits for set up to meet the unique needs of our company in which some employees report to multiple supervisors on an inconsistent basis and different costs centers need to be charged in addition to timesheet approval from multiple sources.
- Paylocity has good reports tools and provides a report writer that permits getting information out of the database for any analytical needs, reports that can be downloaded to MS Excel and manipulated as needed.
- Paylocity provides an easy to use access for all employees to timesheets, benefit time balances and time off requests processed interactively through the system.
- Paylocity provides for input of a wide range of information related to employees to meet a wide range of needs -- including labor allocation information, management of employer benefit and retirement match costs, etc.
- Paylocity needs to improve significantly in working with new clients in the setup and migration process. Paylocity does almost nothing in leading the conversation of discovering new clients needs, what information will be migrated forward in the most efficient manner and helping the new client be aware of what the responsibilities of the new client will be in the new set up. Too much in the process of transition is discovery of what isn't functioning as it needs to be and then conversation exchanges to determine fixes. A more involved upfront process could highlight for Paylocity these client needs and move the transition process forward with less bumps in the road. Setup for Employer Retirement Match, Workers Comp and other ancillary measurements associated indirectly with payroll processing have suffered from this inefficient process.
- Paylocity provided for too rapid transition of account reps during the set up process, considering some of the inefficiencies in their aid process. Also a change in personnel hampered our company's onboarding to their systems as projects for updates were sometimes left hanging or needing to be addressed anew.
- The Paylocity system indeed has great flexibilities and seems capable of handling all our needs -- eventually. You have to push for solutions at times because some of the account reps are learning their system themselves and give the answer something can't be done as a solution, but it can be. Some of the ancillary measures related to payroll -- Retirement Match, Workers Comp and nonprofit funding for Unemployment costs are examples in which we were told what we were seeking couldn't be done, but as further answers evolved, the system can provide for our needs.
- Paylocity has permitted our company to reduce the time commitment to payroll processing and enabled our company to reduce one position in our accounting department. It has also made our Human Resources department become more effective and reduce overtime costs.
- Paylocity's report allow for better measuring of expenses and better financial management.
- Through Paylocity, we are better able to serve our employees with real time information and easier access to their records at their immediate disposal.
Paylocity has a far more robust reporting tool than our company had with ABRA, which allows us to manage financial information more effectively. Paylocity also has potential to handle employer expenses more effectively and provides the online access for employees to timesheet and employee information that ABRA did not. It frees up time for our Payroll Accountant to perform other tasks and makes the processing of payroll more efficient and seamless.
My biggest reluctance in recommending Paylocity is not with the product that seems very robust and our unusual needs as a nonprofit grant accounting company certainly test it. However, I think Paylocity needs to evolve its process in onboarding new clients, really get familiar with the extent of needs the client has, understand them and help lead the new client in how they can transition. Paylocity knows their product -- [as they] should -- and their experts would be in the best position to help the client explore how that client will get the finished product they need in a much more streamlined fashion -- without the constant discovery of what fixes need to be explored to meet needs.