Updated February 16, 2014
Score 4 out of 10
- Applicant Tracking
- Position Description
- Performance Management
It is being used across the whole organization. We use it to automoate our applicant tracking, position description, and performance reviews.
- Good options for applicant tracking. Overall the applicant tracking works really well on both the empoloyee and employer side.
- In 5.8, we have the position description just the way we like it. I know our class and compensation department really likes it.
- Product support has been better then most products.
- The 5.8 to 7.0 upgrade is brutal, and does not carry forward historical data.
- The performance management portion of PeopleAdmin has a bad end user experience in the organization. It is not easy and user friendly.
- PeopleAdmin in general is very awkward in your switching of different hats (employee, supervisor, employment, etc).
- Reporting in PeopleAdmin 5.8 is very hard and the structure of tables is strange
- The newer version does not contain the functionality with 5.8
- It does not integrate very well with our ERP system
- Much higher efficency in Applicant Tracking
- Performance Management is still a return on investment over the paper driven process before it. If your choice is paper or PeopleAdmin in this area...it's still a positive ROI.
- We have a good ROI in Position Description 5.8. The experience is so good in this area, we can not migrate to another product, or even to PeopleAdmin 7.0.
- On a negative ROI, reporting is a lot of work out of PeopleAdmin. This product will confound your report writers with the chaotic tables they have.
- Another negative is much double entry between PeopleAdmin and our ERP system. Integration options are not easy.
I came in after implementation at East Carolina University. A good reason to select them would be their experience in higher education. The applicant tracking module is quite good. Nowadays, other products might give you better reporting and ERP integration.
We are evaluating our options as it relates to PeopleAdmin. We are likely to renew as we can not find another product that gives us the functionality we have with PeopleAdmin 5.8 in the area of Position Description. Outside of that, we would likely be close to finding another product solution.
As an applicant tracking system, I am OK recommending PeopleAdmin. However, I do not recommend the Performance Managemet Module. PeopleAdmin not migrating our data, including all historical data, is a pretty poor development mapping on their part. My overall experience with PeopleAdmin has been far less then ideal. Overall, I would think there are better systems then PeopleAdmin for your Talent Management needs. There general expertice in higher educaction can be valuable if you are in higher ed.
3000 - Most employees use it for performance reviews. HR and management uses the applicant tracking and position description modules.
1 - HRIS supports it from a systems perspective. Being a SAAS system, it does not require a large support team.
- Performance Reviews
- Applicant Tracking
- Position Creation
- Central reporting