Overall Satisfaction with Procore
Procore was implemented within our organization to increase productivity, reduce time spent on communications, and to ensure the quality of our communications from the sites was excellent all the time. Since its inception, we have expanded it out to our estimating department. It now allows us to send a project out for tender in a very short period of time and to qualified subcontractors who are suitable for the job.
- Document Control: The power here is how a new set of drawings can be overlaid, uploaded, and disseminated to everyone who needs them within a matter of minutes and to a very detailed standard.
- Defects Management: The process of defects management is a time consuming and detailed process when moving your project to Practical Completion. This module systematically tracks and communicates defects very efficiently. The WR code system has reduced our administration time and impressed our clients in a big way
- Quality Assurance: We have been able to upload our ITPs into Procore which are now a standard checklist that site managers must complete at designated hold points along the way. These control measures have helped us maintain our high-quality standard and established a level of consistency across all our sites.
- Programme: The scheduling component could be a lot better. We still use Microsoft Project as Procore is not a suitable alternative at this stage
- Subcontractor Progress Claims: Other major Project Management systems integrate a portal for the management of the subcontractors progress claims and other required documents
- Time Management: We still operate our time management manually. Procore could benefit from a module that tracks forecast completion dates, Contract completion dates, Extension of Time Claims (and approvals), Notices Of Delay. All of these should be at the Head Contract & Subcontract levels.
- Submittals: This needs some work. When a document is rejected by an approving authority it should jump back to the previous step and be allocated to that person who is responsible.
Yes, Procore has allowed us to manage all stakeholders on the project in one place. The uptake of the program for organizations & people who are not aware of it seems to be good.
- Saved Time (and therefore money): Procore has significantly cut down on the time spent communicating on a project. This has allowed us to run our projects with fewer administration hours without a reduction in the quality of our communications
- Ensured Quality: Procore has ensured that quality results are gained the first time which has cut down on delays from defects
- Increased Professionalism: Clients are impressed with the professionalism delivered through the program and the simple ease of use compared with Acconex and other similar programs
- Gain visibility into projects
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
- Identify job site risks
- Track cost impacts from the field
- Improve forecast accuracy
- Simplify employee time tracking
Procore is simple to use and easy to understand. Its integration with the tablets and phones allows for ease of use for the site teams.
Suitable for medium to large organizations operating across multiple sites. Unsuitable for small "one man band'" type organizations.