Overall Satisfaction with Shopify
Whole organization - it is used to sell products online.
- The support of shopify is extremely good. I have had nothing but postiive experiences when I need help from them.
- Shopify platform is very secure and steady. It has been around a while and it works extremely well, it has high availability.
- Shopify is very versatile and works seamlessly when using a third party template/design.
- One thing is the ability to change all products at one time. I had to download all products, manually make the edits in my spreadsheet, then re-upload all items. While they have recently added the ability to change multiple items at a time, it is restricted to certain fields.
- I feel the costs can be fairly high, especially for a very small business that does not do much in sales. A small % of products sold would be a nice option for new/small businesses.
- We do not have the numbers to support this yet as we just got the product running.
All other e-commerce [tools] I have used require a skilled IT professional for implementation and maintenance.
If you want to sell a product online, and don't have a technical staff that can do it for you, shopify would be a great fit. If you have a large IT infrastructure with developers who can manage their own e-commerce site, they could save some money and not use shopify.