Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management
Mine is a small IT support business for non-profits and small businesses. We use it to inform, simplify, and standardize support for any of our clients who are ready to move past the break/fix model.
- Hardware/inventory information.
- Remote access to client systems.
- Basic system health monitoring.
- Centralized, managed anti-virus.
- Some of SolarWinds best or newest products get released outside the RMM console, so they are not integrated for easy monitoring or single billing. In particular, the choice between managed backup that integrated inside the RMM, and managed backup that exists separately, is unclear and unhelpful and billed separately. It's still smarter to go with the standalone version from the beginning, but that's not made very clear.
- The patching engine could be more robust, and simpler (if those two can co-exist).
- Moving break/fix clients to support subscriptions using RMM has increased the sale value of my business, as there are real ongoing revenues to show to a potential buyer, rather than simply goodwill and client lists.
- I am better able to support a larger number of clients with the same staffing levels due to pre-emptive work, more remote support, and simpler applications of solutions.