September 25, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Web Help Desk
SolarWinds Web Help Desk was used by all district staff to open and track the status on technology related request. Our technical support staff used the system to update their tickets, track trends, create an FAQ database to assist teachers with some initial troubleshooting, notify the district of a outage or maintenance. We also used it track district inventory on all district owned equipment, this included of over 5000 student iPads and chargers.
- I love the dashboard. Being about to see a quick snapshot into what is going on was helpful when tracking trends and see where we were as a whole.
- The system is very user friendly for the end user. It makes entering a ticket very easy. This is one place that we continued to struggle before moving to SolarWinds Web Help Desk and our staff was ecstatic at will how easy it was to enter tickets and find out the status of an existing ticket
- Custom and automatic reports. We found this to be extremely helpful and it was not dependent on someone pulling the trigger.
- We did struggle with some of the inventory features. Because we were dealing with over 5000 iPads we found the check in and check out process very cumbersome and difficult to complete in a timely manner. There were to many steps where people had to type, click and some times we found that it would time out and not save the changes
- When creating invoices, we were not able to get the student name to be the bill to. It would always default to the Client Admin for the location. Again, we did find a work around but it takes more time and sometimes we were short on time
- Students would make payments on their invoices but we also found that was not something that worked well in this system.
- We have had a positive impact on the customer service by switching to this product. Staff members are happy that the user interface is so easy to use and love the survey feature
- The software did have negative impact on using the asset tracking. I think we have a more complicated situation then the system was created for
SolarWinds Web Help Desk works well to enter, track and update service requests. The reporting features are wonderful and it provides great information that can be used to make decisions. There is some set up that needs to take place to use this product but the consultant we worked with was very helpful and the documentation that they provided us allowed us to customize the product as we saw fit. This was also a huge bonus.