Overall Satisfaction with The Raiser's Edge
The Raiser's Edge is used as the primary fundraising management database in our organization. Primary users are development officers and advancement personnel, and the database serves as an important resource for our accounting department. We maintain up-to-date contact information (emails, mailing addresses, phones) on all our donors and potential donors; giving histories, capacities and propensities; as well as information on contacts with our supporters.
- As a relational database, the Raiser's Edge is able to store a wealth of data, as well as linking the data when appropriate.
- By providing centrally-located data storage for supporter information, the Raiser's Edge is essential in executing a successful fundraising program.
- By utilizing queries and exports, and maintaining table consistency, it's possible to monitor the health of the database, and take necessary steps to maintain and strengthen the data integrity.
- Customer Service is generally very knowledgeable and willing to work with you to find problem resolutions.
- Importing data into the Raiser's Edge can be daunting. With experience, it does get easier, and I understand that Blackbaud's partner, Import-O-Matic, can be quite useful in overcoming some of the challenges with the import process.
- While a great many of the field names and configuration can be customized by the end user, there is still work to be done to add or increase this functionality in other areas.
- Some functionality in the Raiser's Edge has not kept up with the world at large. For example, the configuration of address/email/phone linking needs to be revisited and updated.
- The Raiser's Edge facilitates consistent financial reporting and event management, saving countless hours in gained efficiencies.
- Development personnel are able to respond more effectively and quickly to donor and supporter inquiries.
- Since Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge is recognized as the industry standard, the design and functionality of the product are well known. This can be beneficial when your organization outsources activities, or uses third-party vendors to provide fundraising support.
Blackbaud sales representatives are very enthusiastic about their products! Be conservative in your preliminary choices -- you can always add more options later. There is a lot to learn and get accustomed to, so be cautious not to overwhelm your organization with a too steep of an initial learning curve.
Using The Raiser's Edge
The Raiser's Edge has a great deal of functionality, and is currently the best database management tool available for non-profit organizations.