Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)
We use it to process US and Canada payroll and global HRIS (US, Canada, UK). We do performance reviews, benefits enrollment, time off, open enrollment, onboarding, and reporting. It has streamlined many of our processes and given employees a lot more control over their benefits, taxes, easy access to reviews and other data, etc.
- Payment services has been great. Our previous provider didn't submit many of the state/county taxes on our behalf.
- Training courses during implementation.
- Customer service for payroll emergencies.
- Digital accessibility. Users with disabilities have many issues and obstacles. It seems like when one is fixed it's broken again the next quarter. Example: performance reviews worked for our blind and low vision users in Q4 2020 but in Q1 2021 they were broken again.
- Support for file feeds. It seems like our carriers are constantly having issues and we have to pay UKG to get them resolved.
- The Compensation Management function needs a lot more work when it comes to bonuses. We have several different bonus plans and each person can have a different bonus amount. We had to get rid of Comp Management because it doesn't support how we do bonuses.
- We were initially told that our UK employees can use the system to request time off. It doesn't actually work. In addition, the time off function has so many quirks for US and Canada. For example, counting weekends.
- We have an increase in engagement.
- HR spends a significantly less amount of time on administrative updates because employees can make updates themselves.
We used ADP Run previously. It wasn't as self-serve as UKG and didn't act as a HRIS. We had ADP Run for Payroll and people made their benefit and tax updates in a system called GoCo. The two systems weren't connected so I had to make the employee GoCo updates in ADP.
My main complaint is that when you are working something like Business Rules, you have to always re-do your filter. It slows things down when you are making several updates.
Support is generally really good. I've had a few instances where I had to loop in our Account Manager because I wasn't getting any response. Once they were looped in things happened.
We had a payroll snafu when we first implemented, which resulted in everyone getting charged double for their benefits one pay period. UKG helped us update everything and it was little to no work on our end to make it happen.