UltiPro is a great all in one!
November 26, 2019
UltiPro is a great all in one!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro is being used across the entire company as our choice self-service portal. To everyone in the organization, we are able to check vacation and sick accruals, pay stubs, print our yearly W-2's, edit tax deductions and request time off. For HR and payroll, it is our all in one system. I personally use it as an applicant tracking system and also to check current employees' eligibility status for transferring and compensation tracking.
- UltiPro excels as an all in one system. It is a great asset to many departments within the organization.
- UltiPro is incredibly user friendly. Their in-depth reports are easy to run and program and it is also easy for users who only have access to the self service portal to access all they need.
- UltiPro gives the users a way to change their tax documents at any point through the year helping to streamline the payroll process and eliminate paperwork and appointment setting to just simply change information.
- The applicant tracking portion of UltiPro is incredibly useful and helpful. They allow candidates who are applying to do most of the work for you when they create their candidate profiles.
- My biggest con is one that 2018 or newer users won't necessarily face any time soon, but when transferring from the ATS of Recruitment to their newest version of Recruiting it only transfers over 3 years worth of data. I understand that legally that is 2 years more than needed but our organization likes to keep records of the past 5 years and we weren't given that option.
- The reports, as mentioned in the pros, are pretty user friendly and easy to follow but because of the ease of use it does eliminate some of the customization options that I would like to see.
- Lastly, I don't think that they have the best customer service. Their sales team always leaves me unsatisfied when we meet with them. They don't seem to give options and solutions but almost always leave us with more problems! I also feel like without our own in-house team of techies, we wouldn't have a clue what we are doing. The quarterly updates can also leave bugs and kinks in the system that never really seem to be fixed all the way. Again, I am in UltiPro daily and I realize not many users across my organization would see these issues but because I am behind the scenes I see it all.
- Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
In the last 3 years since we began using UltiPro, we have successfully consolidated everything we need to run through UltiPro. It has been a successful self-service portal for all of the employees across our organization and has been easy to implement for Recruiting/employment, Benefits, record keeping, and payroll.
I have previously used SuccessFactors and Workday and UltiPro is right up neck in neck with those major products. When I used SuccessFactors I would say it was my preferred Applicant Tracking System but for all in one program UltiPro is the best I have used. When I used both Workday and SuccessFactors my company had to supplement the software with others to achieve what UltiPro already gives. They are all good programs but for all in one system that would fit your entire company, I would recommend UltiPro.
I would say UltiPro performs at a 9/10. The reason I don't give it a 10/10 is that they do have updates quarterly that can slow down or add obstacles/kinks to the program. UltiPro runs quickly and smoothly. We do not integrate with other software so I can't speak to how well it would run if we did.
I mostly get support for UltiPro through my in-house team. When it comes to reaching out to their sales and customer service staff I have found that they only quickly respond to our project managers and IT leadership. The project manager and IT leadership are the ones who make the purchasing decision so I am not surprised they receive the most help and feedback. When it comes to help I need, I am better off asking our in-house IT team.
Although I don't think they have great customer service and helpful on the spot options, they do have great webinar options. When it comes to switching over to their latest options they provide plenty of live webinars you can sign up for and are also able to ask questions about on the spot. Their webinar support and the presenter's willingness to answer questions and walk you through it would be considered exceptional in my opinion.
UltiPro is well suited for payroll and many HR functions. I would recommend it to a friend because, although there are kinks, it is a good system that meets most needs! I think their new Recruiting ATS is excellent and the fixes they implemented are helpful and if used as designed could really streamline the recruitment process.