Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
We currently employ two Unitrends 8040s backup appliances in our data facility. We use it to back up our VMware and Nutanix virtual environments. They back up our entire infrastructure. We selected Unitrends for its ease of use and throughput of backup speeds. We did compare with other vendors and found this solution combined both ease of use and cost effectiveness.
- Quick backups for incrementals forever.
- Ability to restore in audit mode to verify backups.
- Interface is quite easy to use.
- RPO/RTO Compliance widget is great.
- Initial onboarding was a little confusing, however, quickly got up to speed.
- Wish there was a better system to determine why failures occur(rare).
- SLA policies could stand some work.
- We have recovered from major corruption of VM's in which Unitrends was able to restore.
- Accidental deletion of major files by end users and the quick recovery via our Unitrends backup.
- Easy to use, single interface, I spend perhaps 1 hour MAX per week, on average.
- Receive a daily reports of problems/backups/issues.
Do you think Unitrends delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Unitrends's feature set?
Did Unitrends live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Unitrends go as expected?
Would you buy Unitrends again?
Prior to this, we did not have a true comprehensive, all-in-one backup solution. We had several systems, each with their own backup solution. AS/400(prior to virtualization) had its own tape system, individual server had their own tape system backups. Some systems even "backed" up data to NAS's. It was not ideal.