Overall Satisfaction with Vertical Response
We used Vertical Response to send all of our mass emails - newsletters, email blasts, etc - to a variety of segmented lists. It was used only by the marketing department, but in support of the entire organization. It addressed our need to communicate with a large mailing list, and to segment that list into different audiences.
- Vertical Response provided our email platform for free as a nonprofit grant
- Vertical Response was very editable and 100% customizable
- It was easy to edit text and add as many pictures as we wanted
- For an end user and not a designer, Vertical Response was not as user friendly as other email platforms I have used
- Vertical Response enabled us to communicate regularly with our constituents
- It was fairly easy to coordinate our contacts in Vertical Response and our donor database
- Vertical Response was more time consuming and emails looked less polished when made by an inexperienced graphic designer
Vertical Response was already in use when I joined the organization. It was selected for affordability. In comparison to other email marketing platforms, it was harder to use for an end user, but we were able to hire a developer to create some custom templates, and that worked well.