Webex Meetings Review
April 19, 2022
Webex Meetings Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Webex Meetings
Using Webex Meetings is essential for our team as we are all remote Technical Support Engineers on a Customer Support Help Desk. We are able to schedule or quickly spin up a PMR to meet with team members and customers to troubleshoot technical support issues or brainstorm when needed regardless of locations.
- Easy to send PMR link to users for a quick, informal meeting
- Easy to schedule internal meetings with co-workers as we can view their availability before sending out invite. This cuts down on wasted time/emails checking for everyone's availability.
- Easy to use Webex Meetings with customers so that we can have them share their screen or give us control of their screen during troubleshooting sessions.
- There have been issues with scheduling Webex Meetings from the O365 Calendar
- Difficult to delete meetings from employees that have left the company. Even though I remove the invite from my calendar, I still get reminders prior to the meeting. Not all meetings, but some meetings which is very annoying.
- Updates are good but lately Cisco has been making so many updates and we have ran into issues with the new updates "breaking" things in customer environments
- Lowers travel costs for meetings
- Excellent for meeting with remote and in-house team members on a daily, weekly, whenever needed basis. Keeps everyone up-to-speed on projects.
- The bad has been the number of "bugs" that has caused poor user experience for some of our customers.
- Microsoft Teams and Zoom
I prefer Webex Meetings vs. Microsoft Teams. I feel like there are better features with Webex. The customers are like most of us, when they have to switch to a new platform (i.e. from MS Teams to Webex) is learning curve and big adjustment. They find features they like and really focus on what they dislike. It all comes down to what is best for the organization and what is going to benefit the employees and customers and still maintain the bottom line.
Do you think Webex Meetings delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex Meetings's feature set?
Did Webex Meetings live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Webex Meetings go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Webex Meetings again?
Webex Meetings availability has been good. I have experienced some Webex outages that Cisco provided a quick work around or resolved the outage in a timely manner. There have been a number of "bugs" that did cause issues with customers, though not an "outage" but gave a bad end user experience.
Webex Meetings does provide organizations with a flexible and scalable software solution. The customers are able to have control over various functions by departments (such as turning off recording options for users/groups for confidentiality purposes or granting recording privileges to users/groups who do need the ability to record for training purposes or non-confidential meetings).
Webex Meetings does perform well for most users. It does tend to have higher CPU usage that can cause issues for employees that have an older laptop or have to run additional applications along with Webex Meetings. Overall Webex Meetings does perform well for the majority of our customers and their employees.
Pros: Good for remote and in office workers to meet to stay up-to-date on projects with no travel costs involved. Good for meeting with customers to cover upcoming projects/updates/troubleshooting sessions Cons: Some users have difficulty navigating during a meeting if they are not familiar with the product. Updates lately have had a number of "bugs" and caused issues with customer environment making the user experience poor for their employees.