Xactly, hard to setup but worth ithttps://www.trustradius.com/sales-performance-managementXactly IncentUnspecified8.41591012014-03-21T18:13:41.415Z
March 21, 2014
Xactly, hard to setup but worth it
Score 7 out of 101
It was used to track monthly compenstation and quota attainment for 200+ sales reps as well as payout any monthly bonuses attached to overall sales numbers. Monthly reports and analysis was done from this data to show reps and management everyones progress. It was used by multiple departments: Sales ops, finance, and HR
- Easily being able to show monthly, quarterly, and yearly attainment levels
- The ability to bulk upload or download data for easy offline manipulation
- Plugin into SalesForce for ease of use for users to see data in one location
- The hierarchy setup can be very complex and confusing
- If the setup isn't 100% out of the box, the reporting can take some time to adjust
- Upload templates can be tricky if you don't have the format exactly correct
- Ability to handle complex attainment scenerios (i.e. not a flat rate commision)
- Can take a lot of time to train new admins on the system as it is very different
- The ability for sales reps to see their YTD and QTD attainment is very helpful vs offline solutions
The hardest part of Xactly is getting the hierarchy setup, so once you have crossed that hurdle it's hard to make a switch to another.
The main roadblock for Xactly is the hierarchy setup, that can be very tricky to get the hang of, and can be very different for each organization. That can create searching for solutions a bit trickier. Once you have the hierarchy setup then the monthly attainment data and reporting is a lot easier.