Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
Using Zoom, I provide productivity coaching, consulting, and training to people and organizations all over the world. It makes it practical for me to serve a global customer base without the cost and environmental impact that comes with traveling to client sites. Zoom sessions are typically video-conferenced and some make use of screen sharing, remote control, and one of my favorite Zoom features, Breakout Rooms.
- Zoom has consistently exceptional audio and video quality.
- Zoom has a Breakout Rooms feature that makes it possible to allow for small-group sharing. For example, if I'm teaching a workshop to 30 people, I may opt to create ten Breakout Rooms (three people/room) for small-group sharing.
- Zoom Cloud recordings can be saved with multiple audio, video, and screen sharing tracks. This is very useful when producing recordings of live sessions.
- My clients sometimes lose track of windows associated with live meetings (e.g. the video feeds). I can typically get them back on track very quickly, so it's a minor inconvenience.
- On the Mac, when I close the main Zoom window there isn't an obvious way to get it back. This is a fairly minor point, and one that could easily be addressed.
- We have saved a significant amount of money on travel.
- I have reduced my carbon footprint by spending less money on travel.
- We have been able to reach and work with clients all over the world with ease.
I used GoToMeeting for years. While it was reliable, it lacked many of the features that I've come to enjoy with Zoom (e.g. Breakout Rooms) and is considerably more expensive than Zoom.
I've used many different video conferencing solutions over the years, and Zoom has consistently outperformed other solutions that I've tried. I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a reliable and feature-rich video-conferencing platform. The only potential obstacles I can think of are: Zoom hasn't been vetted/approved for use within the organization, and/or the organization relies on Cisco hardware that hasn't been updated for use with Zoom.