Easy to use

May 08, 2022
I use Zoom for both business and personal use. In business, I use it for virtual meetings and to do demos with clients. I find it to be a …

Zooming

March 30, 2022
I was using Zoom to conduct interviews. During Covid 19, Zoom was able to prevent the spread of Covid 19 by providing a safe approach to …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

per month/per license

Business

On Premise
per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://zoom.us/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $14.99 per month

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software

Screen Sharing

Online Meetings / Events

Online Events Collaboration

Online Events Security

What is Zoom?

Zoom helps people stay connected so they can get more done together. From meetings, chat, phone, and webinars to conference room systems and online events, Zoom powers all your communication needs. Our secure, reliable video platform offers a high-quality experience that is easy to manage, use, and customize.

-- Zoom Meetings & Chat

• Supported: Participant list
  • Supported: Confidential attendee list
  • Supported: Secure file sharing

Zoom Video

Learn how you can can use multi-spotlight, multi-pinning, and video reordering to better manage you meetings.

Zoom Integrations

Zoom Competitors

Zoom Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesNorth America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

How much does Zoom cost?

Zoom starts at $14.99.

What is Zoom's best feature?

Reviewers rate Desktop sharing highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Zoom?

The most common users of Zoom are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

• Demonstrations/screen sharing
  • Recordings
  • Showing my face
  • Clarity of my voice and other voices
  • Advanced settings are done through the website, I wish there was a way to edit advanced settings while im in a meeting on the app.
  • Wish I could see more faces all on one screen - I can see 25, but would be nice to view more since I have a big monitor.
  • When I am not using a second monitor (only using my laptop), I wish the speaker would be the headshot at the top if there are multiple people in a meeting. If John talks and he is at the top, but Kim begins talking, you need to scroll down to find Kim's face to view her speaking.
  • eliminate distances between two or more actors involved in our projects
  • save money to our company and time to the employees
  • easy way to create meetings and allow many people to participate
  • Really easy to use
  • Maybe empowering the option in deciding who keep on the main screen when multiple people are connected into the zoom meeting
Simon Needle | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Uninterrupted meeting connection
  • Functionality with external microphones
  • Complementary screen sharing
  • Change in subscription plan will cost small businesses the most
  • The lack of a warning for the new free meeting time limit creates a wedge in user trust
  • $15/mo plan is not competitive with free services with similar functionality like WhereBy
Omar Moustafa | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Annotate with participants on a whiteboard.
  • Share multiple screens at the same moment.
  • Ability to add a co-host.
  • Ability to record a meeting.
  • In-meeting chat.
  • Separate meeting participants into groups.
  • Login in to an account when joining a Zoom meeting using a link.
  • Add 2FA (2-factor-authentication).
Randy Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I love how easy it is to set the focus on the presenter. It is annoying when people don't spotlight themselves as a presenter, so you get to see the whole gallery of attendees in smaller, two-inch windows.
  • I like the capability of having break-out rooms. Even though I don't use them very often, it is nice to have them available if the right situation presents itself for smaller group chats.
  • The recording quality is better than I have experienced with other products (Microsoft Teams, WebEx, etc.), and the fact that it is already an MP4, so I don't have to convert it for publishing on our intranet is huge to me.
  • I don't know if this exists with Zoom in a Zoom Room environment, but the use of what Microsoft refers to as Content Cameras would be nice (maybe it already exists).
  • Assigning people as co-host exists is a great feature, but I haven't been able to control mute/unmute for other attendees. I don't know if this is supposed to be a feature or if I haven't been given access, I don't know.
  • I have yet to see how to take control of another's computer, so if this functionality doesn't exist, it would be nice to add.
  • Calling
  • Video calling.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Hundreds of participants get connected at the same time in same room.
  • Its user interface is not easy to eye.
  • Color theme is very dull.
  • It is expensive.
  • Its web version is very slow.
  • Host Controls during meetings
  • Chats during meetings
  • Screen sharing and recording
  • Whiteboard
  • Security needs to be strengthened as there have been cases where people got locked out of their accounts
  • Pricing is expensive when compared to the competition
  • When meeting participants are 100+ there are occasional stutters and audio lag.
March 30, 2022

Zooming

• Video conferencing is like a face to face meeting.
  • The microphone enables speech rather than texting.
  • Provides the option of remote management of another computer.
  • The texting feature provides a solid communication package.
  • Zoom should be integrated with all browsers not just Edge.
Bart Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Zoom is very intuitive and simulates real life communication by providing us with tools that are user-friendly. I especially like the fact that I can schedule meetings and it will appear on my calendar with the direct link to it.
  • Background change is nice and works well if I want to change to a more professional looking background.
  • Non-users can join through an URL, which is extremely beneficial for us as some clients don't use the programs we use and they need to be able to communicate with us.
  • Ability to create breakout rooms to split participants into certain groups, which we use for when we're hosting webinars or so.
  • It has good pricing plans that adjust to our budget and allow us to keep communicating.
  • End-to-end encryption to protect myself and my team.
  • My biggest dislike about Zoom and I hope they fix it soon enough is that when I join a meeting and get disconnected because of network issues or other circumstances, I need permission to join the meeting again. This becomes an issue for us because if we're having an important meeting or displaying a presentation for the audience, it becomes troublesome for the host to stop the presentation to let people in, and it becomes troublesome for me to wait and possibly miss important information being talked about.
  • The Android app is not intuitive nor visually appealing for me, although I have used it a few times only , I've found it to be quite tacky in comparison to the desktop version, where all the features are included and there are minimal bugs.
  • The ease of hosting & joining meetings with a simple URL.
  • The ability to screen-share and share control of screens seamlessly makes collaboration even better.
  • Participants limit in a zoom meeting is way better than other collaboration tools.
  • Ability to restrict unwanted users from joining the meeting even with the meeting password.
  • The experience on a web browser in terms of connectivity & call quality should be as good as it is on the app.
  • Would be much better if Zoom could maintain data privacy and end-to-end call encryption which is becoming doubtful these days.
  • The ease of use is comparatively lesser than Microsoft Teams. You need to search for additional settings/features on Zoom which is much more intuitive in Teams.
Anastasia Globa | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Ability to split users into breakout rooms
  • Easy workflow to screen sharing and recording on cloud or local devise
  • Embedded questionnaire options
  • Including Survey and post-questionnaire options is a great [idea], however, its current functionality is extremely limited
Richard Davies | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It's reliable and provides good quality audio and video conferencing. We've had issues with other web conferencing solutions, but not with Zoom.
  • It's easy to use. Creating a meeting, joining a meeting, and using the tool are all intuitive and don't require training.
  • I don't have any complaints with it so far and can't think of anything I would like to change.
February 21, 2022

Zoom is still the best

• Sharing Screen and audio.
  • Breakout rooms.
  • Recording option.
  • Emoji responses are limited.
  • Dial in is not always consistent.
  • Green screen for background is not always accurate.
  • Secured communication with authenticity
  • Sharing documents while on call
  • Changing background for chatrooms
  • Allows other applicable apps to access from zoom
  • Timing of the meetings could be more and an option to resume the same meeting without conducting another meeting could be helpful
  • Joining a meeting should be more feasible using the join link than having it redirected to webpages
  • Cost could have been a little less