Overall Satisfaction with Zuora
Zuora is used as our complete end to end billing, payment, and sub-ledger and is currently in one of our regions with the view to expand this product to all regions around the world in a staged rollout. Zuora allows us to focus on building products and solutions for our customers and team by providing a product that is flexible and scalable to meet our needs. Zuora's ability to quickly build products for our customers and release into production allows us to stay relevant in today's business world.
- Flexibility with the product catalog. Once you understand the product catalog and its capabilities, the possibilities are endless. You are able to spin up new products quickly and test new ideas with minimal development time.
- API focus. Zuora API focus allows us to step away from the Zuora UI and build our own platform over the top of Zuora reducing ambiguity for our customers and team
- Constant upgrades - Zuora is continually adding to its product and listening to its customers to build a product that is leading the way in the subscription economy
- User Interface - Zuora's UI is still a weak point, however, this is negated through the use of its API's. Zuora has done a lot of work in releasing new products to limit its UI experience and the addition of Orders allows for more functionality to reduce the UI issue.
- Complex system - This is both a pro and a con, but in this instance, it is a con because we may not have taken the time to truly understand the implications of all the options that were available. the Flexibility is great however if you do not take the time to understand the product and what problem you are trying to solve, you can make life difficult for yourself later down the track. Take the time to map out your approach end to end and ensure your assumptions at the start are robust.
- Reporting - reporting is weak as such we have moved away to our own reporting data warehouse.
In terms of managing a subscription business, there is nothing better. For more complex businesses, with multiple locations and multiple products, Zuora can still fit your needs, however, please give consideration to setting up your product catalog first before progressing. This will save you time and money and will allow you to get the most out of Zuora. Zuora has a large amount of flexibility once you understand the product and a sound understanding of the product catalog is crucial to the success of your business. Zuora pushes you to simplify your business and focus on what matters for your customers.