Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
FastSpring will be well suited for a company that needs simple checkout solution. As a bonus, you'll get a nice checkout flow. If you're a company that doesn't have the time to concentrate and becomes an expert in data security, currency conversion, global tax management, or fraud detection – this will be a great fit. It's appropriate for anyone who doesn't want to waste time on managing support for their e-commerce business.
Vice-President in MarketingComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- I get my payments via a Payoneer credit card. Sometimes I would prefer to receive a wire transfer instead but it is not so easy to switch payment methods.
- Payment checking and purchase confirmation take about 10 minutes. It is not too much but for clients, it seems an eternity.
- FastSpring uses 2 separate GUIs for store owners. Some features work with one GUI implementation and not the other one.
- Some other providers do provide lower credit card processing fees, compared with FastSpring. But I have been very happy dealing with FastSpring overall in terms of support and overall usability - so I am happy to continue using FastSpring. If I was selling 10x or 100x my current sales volume, I might consider a change, but I have no plans to change at the present time.
I used to sell my software on Avangate and PayPal at the same time. Costs were very similar but I decided to abandon PayPal because it sometimes required human interventions. I also checked DigitalRiver, but it wasn't easy to setup and I never completed all requirements.
I have previously used PayPal - but customers complained because they thought they had to set up a PayPal account. Other customers didn't think that PayPal was as professional looking overall as FastSpring. PayPal is fine for accepting ebay auction payments, but businesses who want to pay my company expect a professional online store experience
Return on Investment
- 2Checkout charges you for every sale. It does not have other costs that can affect your finances.
- 2Checkout has two plans for software companies. Make sure to select the one that is right for you or you will find yourself paying a high commission.
- FastSpring has been vital to my company's online ordering process. I have seen some other companies go out of business, leaving software developers scrambling to find new payment processors. I have no worries about the stability of FastSpring, they do a great job and deserve my business.
- FastSpring makes it possible to me to have an online and professional looking web store - without writing all of the software myself.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?