<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8 out of 101
Based on 335 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
AlienVault USM Anywhere is a great SIEM and if you need to deploy a SaaS solution then it is suited very well. It works very well for us being 100% AWS and integrates well with our toolset and AWS features. The Open Threat Intelligence (OTX) is perfect for providing context on events and feeding our incident response processes.
BetterCloud is well suited to IT departments that are growing rapidly and/or understaffed. They can increase the effectiveness and reach of a single admin, while providing a wide array of functionality to accomplish a wide range of goals. It is well suited for those who want to purchase a single tool that can perform many common actions and provide more control than Google Apps itself.
Feature Rating Comparison
Centralized event and log data collection
Event and log normalization
Custom dashboards and views
Host and network-based intrusion detection
- AlienVault USM Anywhere is easy to deploy with their cloud-based model and deploying the required agents on-prem (or in the cloud) is quick and easy.
- Custom rules allow for alerting based on content from events and you can even trigger agents in response to threats, shutting down computers or grabbing forensic info for incident response.
- USM Anywhere also takes care of reporting for ISO and PCI, allowing you to pull reports for auditors at a moment’s notice.
- With many integrations out-of-the-box, you can pull in all the data from products you use and other sources, such as Amazon CloudWatch Logs.
- BetterCloud makes it incredibly easy to provision a number of users at the same time. Their Google Sheet integration means that you can import a list of users and have their accounts created immediately.
- BetterCloud provides a very good email signature creation and management tools with the ability to deploy and manage different signatures for different departments.
- BetterCloud provides a wide variety of canned reports, but also allows users to create reports with easy drag-and-drop functionality.
- We would love to be able to create custom rules based on a series of events, to create rule-sets where, for example, failed logins to the VPN Server are logged and then when a successful attempt follows soon after, it triggers an alarm for a Brute Force. It does this for things like OKTA already, so control over which events this applies to would be great.
- More data tiers - something between 250GB and 500GB tiers, maybe break it down into 100GB tiers?
- Integration with OpsGenie would be great.
- Since BetterCloud is hosted on the Google Apps engine, I have occasionally had problems with it. Due to the fact that our network load-balances across two internet links, if the connection changes dynamically I will usually have to log out and back in.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 13 answers
The centralized logging and retention for PCI compliance was our main driver, and it is meeting that need. Otherwise there has been enough frustration with the lack of documentation and the need to customize through the CLI that I would be open to alternatives.
Based on 33 answers
Not enough documentation, non-descript error messages, and too much required to be done at the command line for an "appliance".
Based on 24 answers
Basically by perception. I am well attended to, the staff is technically efficient. I found a bug once and in a few weeks it was fixed.
Based on 37 answers
AlienVault USM works well for any company size. LogRhythm might be too much if your company is not already big, and the same can be said of McAfee Enterprise Security Manager. If this is your first SIEM, it's a really good choice and has nothing to envy from the others I'm comparing it with. I also recommend the cloud version of AlienVault, the USM Anywhere, which the interface is a bit different, but the principles remain the same. Also, the McAfee Enterprise Security Manager has a Flash-based interface, for which Adobe is phasing out. AlienVault USM is HTML5 and can even be used mobile.
Compared to WiseStamp - BetterCloud is much more advanced for the purpose of creating, managing, applying, and updating signatures for users of a Google domain. Signatures can be applied by User, Group, or ORG, and policies can be created to reapply signatures according to a schedule, and ensure that each user is compliant with company branding policy. Compared to CloudLock - BetterCloud is a little less specialized for the purpose of reporting, managing, and creating policies to protect Google Drive Data.
Return on Investment
- BetterCloud has had a positive impact on ROI because it helps employees conserve time and become more efficient.
- BetterCloud has had a positive impact on ROI because it helps our organization be flexible by providing the ability to quickly and easily make changes across users, groups, or ORGs.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
AlienVault USM Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
AlienVault USM More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
BetterCloud Editions & Modules
1. per user/month