AlienVault USM<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.9 out of 101
Based on 329 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
AlienVault USM Anywhere is a great SIEM and if you need to deploy a SaaS solution then it is suited very well. It works very well for us being 100% AWS and integrates well with our toolset and AWS features. The Open Threat Intelligence (OTX) is perfect for providing context on events and feeding our incident response processes.
BetterCloud is well suited to IT departments that are growing rapidly and/or understaffed. They can increase the effectiveness and reach of a single admin, while providing a wide array of functionality to accomplish a wide range of goals. It is well suited for those who want to purchase a single tool that can perform many common actions and provide more control than Google Apps itself.
Feature Rating Comparison
Centralized event and log data collection
Event and log normalization
Custom dashboards and views
Host and network-based intrusion detection
- Up to this point, I have had no issues integrating with a system we currently have in production. while AlienVault stays on top with plugin updates.
- Te dashboard is very informative when you figure out how to navigate around it and tweaked to your organization needs.
- Correlation of events is probably my favorite as I normally only need to jump on the AlienVault dashboard to hammer down on network traffic/activity details.
- BetterCloud makes it incredibly easy to provision a number of users at the same time. Their Google Sheet integration means that you can import a list of users and have their accounts created immediately.
- BetterCloud provides a very good email signature creation and management tools with the ability to deploy and manage different signatures for different departments.
- BetterCloud provides a wide variety of canned reports, but also allows users to create reports with easy drag-and-drop functionality.
- Walking through all the devices after a Nmap or device discovery scan can be tedious to get the data correct
- When deploying HIDS, it would be better if the system gave more detail as to the deployment error
- Offline updating of licenses can be a little time-consuming
- Since BetterCloud is hosted on the Google Apps engine, I have occasionally had problems with it. Due to the fact that our network load-balances across two internet links, if the connection changes dynamically I will usually have to log out and back in.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 13 answers
It is a very well built software and solution for meeting our cybersecurity needs. The staff is always very well responsive with any issues that we have and it is perfect for satisfying FINRA's cybersecurity regulations.
Based on 33 answers
We have been using AlienVault USM Appliance for nearly 3 years. The power and flexibility of the device for IPS and IDS is amazing. We are able to identify threats and stop them before damage can be done.
Based on 24 answers
I find their support to be excellent. From the FAQ's to the tech docs, it is very easy to resolve most issues. The few times we worked with a support technician, they were always quick to resolve our issue. We are very pleased with the overall level of support!
Based on 37 answers
I looked into Splunk, QRadar, but they were way too expensive and the reviews weren't always great. I used McAfee ESM extensively at my prior job and the product is probably the worst in the SIEM space. We moved to AlienVault from ELK which, while a cool product, didn't do any security event correlation and has a terrible search and log review and export. AlienVault is the only major SIEM comprised of over 200 open source tools I'd want to use anyway, so it does more than any SIEM with its HIDS agents, vulnerability scanning, asset discovery, etc. The included Open Threat Exchange subscription is also a major plus.
Compared to WiseStamp - BetterCloud is much more advanced for the purpose of creating, managing, applying, and updating signatures for users of a Google domain. Signatures can be applied by User, Group, or ORG, and policies can be created to reapply signatures according to a schedule, and ensure that each user is compliant with company branding policy. Compared to CloudLock - BetterCloud is a little less specialized for the purpose of reporting, managing, and creating policies to protect Google Drive Data.
Return on Investment
- BetterCloud has had a positive impact on ROI because it helps employees conserve time and become more efficient.
- BetterCloud has had a positive impact on ROI because it helps our organization be flexible by providing the ability to quickly and easily make changes across users, groups, or ORGs.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
AlienVault USM Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
AlienVault USM More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
BetterCloud Editions & Modules
1. per user/month