Likelihood to Recommend
Altru shines in capturing constituent data. If you are looking for a product to collect user info and their use patterns then this database works. The challenge is getting the data out in a format usable for decision making and application. Reporting can be a bear. The preloaded key performance indicators and reports are useful but may not fit your need. Every institution is different, and every department has different needs. This product tries to bridge the gaps to create communication between areas, but at a cost. This will not serve any of the departments at 100% of what is wanted out of a database. Altru is a whole institution choice for the benefit of cross-department collaboration.
If you are looking for a quick and easy database option, which integrates breezily with email clients like MailChimp and Constant Contact, and has built-in credit/debit card processing capabilities, NeonCRM is a very good option. An affordable alternative to Salesforce or Raiser's Edge, it does lack some of their "bells and whistles" but gets the job done. On the one hand, Neon features a shallow learning curve and solid user interface, and is web based and mobile friendly. On the other hand, Neon might not be totally appropriate for large or national level organizations because some of the reporting seems less "robust" than pricier alternatives...
- Cloud based database provides access from anywhere we have internet access across our 40 acre campus.
- Constituent tracking provides powerful data tools to understand all points of contact with visitors.
- Basic and in-depth training programs offered, providing staff with the knowledge they need for successful use of the product.
- Contact information for our constituents.
- Tracking our fundraising campaigns.
- Generating reports of all kinds. Very easy to generate reports.
- Query system not user-friendly for management with limited database background.
- Limited company-to-user support outside of an online community of users. No long term account managers for program.
- No email analysis tools for eblasts.
- Limited merchandise capabiity for shop use, though the program does allow third party programs to work with it.
- NeonCRM is very responsive and committed to updates to the system. This is not an area to improve upon but it is noteworthy that they are continuing to offer new features and fix that which is broken.
Having used multiple databases to collect data from visitors across all of our points of contact, we found we had information, but no comparison between areas. It was possible to have a volunteer who made a donation, bought a membership, made purchases in the shop, and attended a workshop, but only visited the galleries 1x a year. The result was to have power users without knowing it. While each of the products we had used were fine in their own right, they lacked the ability to tell us what we most needed to know - how often we were used across all of our points of service. Altru gave us that.
NeonCRM can grow with us. We were able to implement a few features initially and, as time went on, incorporate others. We continue to do that.
Return on Investment
- It has become very tedious to account for registrants in each session of a class or camp, because you have to "sell" them into each session in order to have an accurate class roster.
- It is very easy to process payment and entry fees to our Museum and programs.
- It is easy to retrieve accurate information and records of patrons.
- Terrific for sending thank you letters to our donors automatically.
- Great for end of year letters and tax information.
- Get a few people in your organization well trained and let them be the SMEs.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Altru Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing DetailsAltru’s pricing information is catalogued below, as supplied by the software provider or retrieved from publicly accessible pricing materials. Altru is priced as an annual subscription. This includes hosting, unlimited users, access to unparalleled product support – everything you expect from a complete cloud solution.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
NeonCRM Editions & Modules
1. per month