Likelihood to Recommend
AppFolio Property Manager is great for small to medium-sized businesses (managing 300 - 1,000 units). I don't know if it would be as useful for extremely large organizations or extremely small organizations. There are so many features that we don't use (we don't currently have a need for) but I can't imagine a smaller business owner needing half of the features this software offers. As I haven't worked for a large organization that utilizes this program, I'm not sure if it would be beneficial or if it would meet all the needs of an extremely large organization (10,000+ units); therefore, I'm unable to speak on that portion.
Property Matrix has developed property management software that incorporates all the power of a highly technical accounting software with the conveniences of state-of-the-art check scanning capabilities. For years, I've struggled with the physical demands of check processing - receipt, delivery, recording and processing. Now I'm able to simplify all of these steps into just one encrypted scan. I'm also able to review every account from one convenient location - tenants, vendors, owners, accounts and check scanning are all accessible from the main screen. I'm able to review outstanding invoices, rent payments, management fees and so much more. It's very well suited for my business.
- Support is phenomenal. Response time is great and results are immediate.
- By far the easiest property management software I have ever used. If mistakes are made, making corrections is extremely easy and does not clutter up reports, ledgers or other areas of the account.
- Posting directly to the website and other internet sites is so simple and quick. No more do I spend time inputting data in my software then again to the website and yet again to internet advertisements. Data is entered once and moved to all of these locations at the click of a button.
- I especially like the all-inclusive dashboard for accounting. Multiple tabs keep everything organized and accessible.
- Customized reports are extremely important. This software allows me to set my own parameters instead of forcing me to used canned reporting data.
- Real-time information allows me to always know what task is required next. It also helps me stay focused and never worry that I've forgotten something.
- The cloud-based software provides access from any location and device. Now I can spend less time behind my desk and more time in the field where I'm needed.
- Only a few very technical items that wouldn't necessarily make sense to non-users and I haven't even cared enough to submit requests on the issues. It'd be nice if parking was easier to keep track of on the system. Right now, if you run a report it doesn't show all the information our company requires for the vehicles and therefore we have to keep track of it elsewhere.
- Another obstacle we've encountered is that the program charges "by door" so if you have multiple units and properties you can really rack up pricing. That's especially true for large multi-unit buildings with parking.
- I've found all aspects of this product to be exceptional for functionality, customization and flexibility. The only thing I've noticed is a limited range of easy-to-read background settings. There are 10 different themes, but all are blue and are a little difficult to read.
Based on 1 answer
It's very user-friendly and it's an easy to learn system. The display is easy to understand and it's easy to find what you're looking for on the desktop site. We've had at least 3 new hires in the last year and everyone has picked up the program rather quickly without much training or assistance. Everyone learns differently but at the same time, everyone was able to implement the program within weeks of starting.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
Typically, AppFolio answers all questions the same day. However, I've had issues with Apartments.com pulling our information on available listings and consistently advertising incorrectly. I've contacted AppFolio more than 3 times about this in the last month and they said they would look into it and work on getting it figured out with them. However, I've had two more incidents since then and I just feel like I'm not being heard. However, I do give them a higher rating because I feel like they DO try their best and they are VERY responsive when we have major issues (this is more of an inconvenience issue). They do have room for improvement but overall, they're on the right track.
No answers yet
Return on Investment
- AppFolio has converted prospective clients to actual clients once they saw how my company could use the program to communicate with on-site property management teams and improve the communication and budgeting process.
- AppFolio is expensive, especially for a small company, so that may have had some negative impact on the ROI.
- Overall, AppFolio has also helped improve our ability as a company to communicate with asset manager levels.
Analyst in Finance and AccountingReal Estate Company, 11-50 employees
- The Property Matrix property management software has had a positive impact for on-time tenant payments. Before implementing this program, I often had to visit each tenant to collect rent payments. With digital check scanning and EBT payments available, my tenants rarely miss a payment.
- Maintaining my accounting records through this software has improved my own efficiency and allows me to spend more time visiting tenants. I used to spend several hours a day doing data entry. I've now cut that time in half and can even record pertinent information from the road.
- I'm a better manager with this software and am gaining more respect from my tenants, vendors and owners. With important data at my fingertips, I'm equipped with critical information precisely when I need it. Now when an owner asks for details about a building, I can confidently relay the information without delay.
AppFolioSee All (5) AppFolio Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
AppFolio Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Property Matrix Editions & Modules
1. Per Unit