Likelihood to Recommend
I think that BuzzSumo is perfect for large B2C companies. However, B2B and small businesses may have trouble getting their money's worth. For example, BuzzSumo's SEO features and the social media insights don't always apply during the buyer journey for B2B businesses because we often present our content to clients directly -- especially for larger companies. It wouldn't make sense to create content that attracts online visitors if you plan to present the content during a video or in-person meeting. Lastly, the pricing could make it difficult for small businesses, non-profits, etc. to use the platform.
- Content analyzer is helpful in finding the most popular topics to focus on
- Backlinks is a quick way to glance at links that are pointing towards our site
- Trending now is helpful to make sure we don't miss any big happenings, topics or ideas in the industry. It also helps us find popular articles to link to on our social media
- Showing influencers who have shared: They only show Twitter followers and only if more than 20 (I believe) people have shared it.
- The brand mention tool, like most, picks up mentions close to your company's name. If you have a relatively common name, you'll get a mess of results.
- The influencer tab is a little bit of a mess as well as they go based on Twitter profiles and I've found bot account mixed into the results at times.
Based on 1 answer
The interface is a little clunky for me, especially on mobile. However, the directions are clear and it didn't take long for me to figure out how to use it. I just wish that things were a little more streamlined.
Based on 1 answer
Buzzsumo has more features when compared to Followerwonk. I only ever used Followerwonk to find new followers on Twitter and build out targeted lists. Buzzsumo I use endlessly for competitive research (social media, back links, social media influencers as well as top performing content via search platforms, including days of week and popular times to post)
Manager in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- People who follow us on our social media think of us as more of thought leaders in our industry because we are sharing such relevant information.
- Going further than other avenues of research, we are able to see in real time what is important to consumers and base our products around what peopl are actually talking about.
- The only negative is that it's so easy to cur rate content, I find I am spending less time creating our own as a company!
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?