Brainshark is a video presentation platform for sales enablement.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/wc/ZU/42Z6S0F352CT.JPEGRelax your brain and use Brainshark!We use Brainshark in two main ways. First, to be able to provide links anywhere, such as in emails, newsletters and our website. These links are primarily of webinars we have produced and trainings we have created. Second, for formal learning, creating curricula with classes, quizzes, webinars to review, surveys to take etc.,I love how easy creating a Brainshark and their formal learning is to use. Upload an animated Power Point, record audio, add music, or use videos etc. Their formal learning also keeps track of people in classes, allows us to invite people to a curricula, send notifications when classes are added, and update on the fly without having to resubmit all new classes. I also love that people in classes can run their own transcript and see where they are in a program, and if graded how they scored.,I think their general reporting could be more robust and/or easier to use I don't like their main emphasis is now on sales. Our emphasis is education, technology, industry changes, as well as sales.,9,Last year we rolled out major technology changes to staff and advisors and assistants in the field. Hundreds of people had to know how to use new systems to do their work and open accounts. We created over 100 classes on every change, and then created nine curricula that a quick survey could place you into. We had almost 700 people in curricula based on their business needs... from 45 to 100 classes. Some as short as 3 minutes, some up to 15. Plus recordings of all our training webinars and Q & A sessions. We saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by creating all this ourselves with just a handful of people and I think put out a better product that anything being offered to us by external companies. We still have all these classes available for anyone new, or who expands their business to use other areas of the system training offered.,AITalent LMS, Mindflash and Adobe ConnectIncrease your reach to customers with BrainsharkWe use Brainshark to promote our solutions and services and to drive customer acquisition. We use SlideShark for presentation, demonstrations and kiosks. We also integrate Brainshark presentations into customer displays that promote awareness, product and brand.,We use the video slide feature often for promoting our products. The video slide provides more motion and activity to attract viewers at the very beginning of the presentation. SlideShark is a great mobile application that allows us to share presentation content and present during sales calls. It is easy to use and always ready. We have been passing parameters to and from the Brainshark guest book for years. Using the guest book parameters, you can capture viewer information without the viewer completing fields. This works great in email applications where you can pass attributes into the guest book automatically.,Would like to see more user control for how videos are displayed in social media - selection of splash image, description, sizing, shareable links.,10,I am currently using Brainshark for our webinar trailers and for our website. We do see more views of our trailers and can link the viewer from passing parameters into emails and marketing automation platforms.How I Use BrainsharkBrainshark is used across my whole organization to view presentations. It allows us to safely upload and store large files that anyone can log in from anywhere and access. Some of these files are too large to share via email. The presentations are accessed through registered users only. You can view the presentations directly through Brainshark or open the file in a Microsoft PowerPoint document or PDF. It keeps all of our documents organized. There are folders that can be created, which is what helps keep it organized too.,Security through registered users. Storage of large files. Organization of information.,The timer per page is too fast.,8,I'm not sure.,Dropbox,SAP Business ByDesign, Slack, Basecamp, Salesforce LightningBrainshark - Enabling businesses of all sizes to more effectively create and mange their important and actionable contentWe have an in depth understanding of the technology and work with leading retailers, wholesalers and packaged goods organizations to implement and more effectively utilize Brainshark. We typically address changing how a client creates and sends important and actionable content throughout their organization as well as to their customers.,Easy to use and create content - we can get a basic PPT user up and running in less than an hour. Excellent tool to create a product library quickly and effectively so it can accessed by your employees through their easy to set up searchable content portal. If you are a SFDC user Brainshark is an excellent tool to create and manage sales, marketing and training content... and Brainshark easily connects to your SFDC platform,Brainshark has addressed a number of feature enhancements over the past two years...it really performs at a high level on a consistent basis... Ocassionally we run into a large video file >500mb that we have to address directly with support but it does not happen very often...,9,Since we implement how Brainshark is used we have found several areas where it has a significant impact...the first is the ability for any three step distributor to build a supplier / manufacturer content library that can be utilized by their B2B sales group Brainshark's survey and question tools are an excellent way to solicit feedback from both internal and external audiences... Brainshark is a cost effective way for retailers and wholesalers to manage store and field level operations...,,3,3,10,Implemented in-house,10,10,10,10,10Brainshark is the Best.We use Brainshark across our organization with some locations using it more than others. We use Brainshark to create training presentations for our staff. The biggest way that I use Brainshark is to create employee benefit informational presentations for our clients.,Easy to use Creates professional presentation Flexibility in media use,The only problem I have ever had with Brainshark is that there isn't an undo button.,10,Our clients are very impressed with the product we are able to provide them with.,10,10,10,10,10
Brainshark

Brainshark Reviews

Brainshark
Filter 66 vetted Brainshark reviews and ratings
Betsy Abney profile photo
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Relax your brain and use Brainshark!"

• I love how easy creating a Brainshark and their formal learning is to use. Upload an animated Power Point, record audio, add music, or use videos etc.
  • Their formal learning also keeps track of people in classes, allows us to invite people to a curricula, send notifications when classes are added, and update on the fly without having to resubmit all new classes.
  • I also love that people in classes can run their own transcript and see where they are in a program, and if graded how they scored.
  • I think their general reporting could be more robust and/or easier to use
  • I don't like their main emphasis is now on sales. Our emphasis is education, technology, industry changes, as well as sales.
I love what Brainshark does for me and how easy it is to train someone else to use it. Most people are familiar with PowerPoint and that makes and easy start that can be enhanced with animation, voice over and background music. You can also upload videos, SCORM compliant classes and more to make an easy to use system to present training and education. I have reviewed a number of other programs, and all seem to have the same weaknesses in reporting. Brainshark does what I need without a lot of difficult training.
Read Betsy Abney's full review
Mark Rice profile photo
June 19, 2018

Review: "Increase your reach to customers with Brainshark"

• We use the video slide feature often for promoting our products. The video slide provides more motion and activity to attract viewers at the very beginning of the presentation.
  • SlideShark is a great mobile application that allows us to share presentation content and present during sales calls. It is easy to use and always ready.
  • We have been passing parameters to and from the Brainshark guest book for years. Using the guest book parameters, you can capture viewer information without the viewer completing fields. This works great in email applications where you can pass attributes into the guest book automatically.
  • Would like to see more user control for how videos are displayed in social media - selection of splash image, description, sizing, shareable links.
For a long time, Brainshark focused their use case on producing training content. I was an early adopter and started using Brainshark presentations in short "trailers" for webinar promotion at Xerox Corporation. I continue to this day to use Brainshark as a customer acquisition tool. Brainshark has found its "sweet spot" now that they are focused on sales effectiveness and integrating with customer relationship management platforms.
Read Mark Rice's full review
June 15, 2018

User Review: "How I Use Brainshark"

• Security through registered users.
  • Storage of large files.
  • Organization of information.
  • The timer per page is too fast.
It is helpful for Product launches/updates and presentations about our company.
Mike Buege profile photo
August 19, 2015

Review: "Brainshark - Enabling businesses of all sizes to more effectively create and mange their important and actionable content"

• Easy to use and create content - we can get a basic PPT user up and running in less than an hour.
  • Excellent tool to create a product library quickly and effectively so it can accessed by your employees through their easy to set up searchable content portal.
  • If you are a SFDC user Brainshark is an excellent tool to create and manage sales, marketing and training content... and Brainshark easily connects to your SFDC platform
  • Brainshark has addressed a number of feature enhancements over the past two years...it really performs at a high level on a consistent basis...
  • Ocassionally we run into a large video file >500mb that we have to address directly with support but it does not happen very often...
The biggest hurdle a company faces is understanding the various ways that they can utilize Brainshark and then making sure they implement those use cases on an ongoing basis... the best scenario is when someone comes into the organization that has experience using Brainshark and they can quickly assess where and how Brainshark can add value to the organization.
Read Mike Buege's full review
S. Renee Conley profile photo
November 11, 2015

User Review: "Brainshark is the Best."

• Creates professional presentation
  • Flexibility in media use
  • The only problem I have ever had with Brainshark is that there isn't an undo button.
If you are looking to create, distribute and monitor presentations, Brainshark is the best.
Read S. Renee Conley's full review
Justin James profile photo
February 25, 2015

"Brainshark Review"

We are about to start our 3rd year using Brainshark. What I like best about the product is that it allows me to pull in a variety of different media to quickly assemble marketing, sales, or training decks and distribute it across a variety of media and devices. You can track who watched and how many times your presentation was watched through their tracking service. I am also able to see where people are dropping out of presentations so you can make the proper adjustments and hold the customers attention. I produce a lot of videos for marketing, sales, and implementation and I love how I can update a videos/slide decks without having to change the URL. The presentations can be copied and edited and I can easily reuse and amend content for different audiences. The customer service and on-boarding is great and allows you to quickly get up to speed so you can start producing content for your internal or external users. They never stop releasing new features and now they are becoming content providers for sales and onboarding training.
  • You can Track who watched and how many times your presentation was watched through their tracking service.
  • Customer service is outstanding. They will walk you through any difficulties you encounter.
  • They are always working and expanding the product to give me ways to engage with my audience
  • They need to add closed captions to their player... using slide notes as a caption is not acceptable. Its been 3 yrs since I brought this up.
  • They favor Apple products, I use droid and it seems like the droid app doesn't get the attention of the apple app.
  • Pricing is a little steep compared to competitors
Is this for internal training or external marketing? I see a lot of people use it for internal training but not customer facing material. Brainshark does both well and that is where the value lies. If you only need one or the other this might more power than you need.
Read Justin James's full review
Tina Callisto profile photo
January 22, 2015

Brainshark Review: "Easy to use and lends to varying levels of sophistication!"

Brainshark was implemented by the IT Department where it is currently used to design, deliver and host communications, presentations and training for project related activities.
  • Brainshark is a very user-friendly tool that can be learned in a very short period of time; which was extremely valuable as there was only one experienced Brainshark author in our company.
  • Brainshark is a great way to communicate to a global audience. Our company has expanded their global footprint and often the only cost effective way to communicate or train in different time zones and remote locations is using tools like Brainshark.
  • Brainshark provides us a hosting platform accessible across the globe where none exists today in our company.
  • I'd like to see more reference material around reporting. Brainshark has robust reporting for this type of tool, but often it requires my calling the support desk to understand certain aspects of reporting.
Brainshark is an excellent choice if you're looking for a content creation tool that is geared toward business users and doesn't require content development skills. Having said that, Brainshark can accommodate many file types, including content that is developed in tools like Captivate and Camtasia. It's also a great hosting tool for an organization that doesn't have this type of capability and can integrate with LMS systems.
Read Tina Callisto's full review
Brad Smith profile photo
April 30, 2015

Review: "Brainshark Training Presentations Increase Efficiencies."

We are using Brainshark for a number of different reasons. In our HR/Payroll Services area we are using it for new employee orientation, directions for registering for different tools that are available to employees, and for training in different payroll-related areas. Our Center for University Learning is using it for continuing education purposes. In the near future we will be developing even more videos to be used as "toolboxes"for managers to assist them in their management duties.
  • Tracks those who view the video and how much of the video they viewed
  • Allows the video to skip to different areas based on responses from the viewer
  • Provides Q&A ability so that viewers may be quizzed, and required to supply correct answers to continue if needed.
  • The only thing that I have struggled with occasionally is embedding video into a split-screen presentation.
We haven't found anything that we haven't been able to do with Brainshark.
Read Brad Smith's full review
Elizabeth Brochu profile photo
March 19, 2015

Review: "Brainshark - there is no product better"

We use Brainshark for all sorts of things - marketing, training, internal communications, etc. The entire enterprise is using the product. It gives us a cost effective way to communicate with large groups, large target segments with all the right tracking, metrics, reporting, etc. Plus, it is so user friendly.
  • Allow video to display within a presentation
  • Allow you to easily replicate content
  • User navigation is the best ever
  • They have continuous improvement, the product always gets better
  • I would like to be able to make simple edits to video, like eliminating dead space
  • I would like more variety in the free background music choices
  • I'd like to be able to take one slide out of a Brainshark and add it to another more easily. Although merge content is already pretty easy.
Read Elizabeth Brochu's full review
Stephanie VanGilder profile photo
February 25, 2015

User Review: "It's All About the Brainshark!"

It is being used across the organization to communicate to our co-workers. Most recently, we have used the product to communicate our benefits changes for open enrollment. This process was previously handled by HR Reps throughout our ministry holding on-site meetings. Now we are sure the exact same message is being given to every co-worker and they are able to access the information at a time that works best for them.
  • Easy to use - upload PowerPoint and then add voice over
  • Allows you to link to outside websites
  • Professional looking finished product...can be set up to run almost like a movie for the end user.
  • Would like to have the ability to do minor PowerPoint edits from inside the program.
  • Would like to have a section header functionality...currently there are chapter titles, but it would be nice to be able to delineate one more level down.
  • Improved functionality for moving slides, maybe an edit on the slide number that would allow you to quickly move it longer distances rather than drag and drop.
If you need a lot of interaction with the material, this isn't the best solution.

For communicating information, voice over PowerPoint even with assessment questions, this is a great solution. We also use Brandwatch for short commercial like communications and for providing timely information in an unexpected format from our leaders.
Read Stephanie VanGilder's full review
Brad Shafton profile photo
January 14, 2015

Brainshark Review: "Simple and consistent"

Brainshark is being used throughout the company for streaming learning and other modules to our users throughout the world. While it is mainly used by training, users throughout the company are gaining more familiarity with the product. The biggest need that this addresses is the ability to quickly produce and deliver information without needing advanced production skills.
  • Simple content creation
  • Easy management and security
  • Video editing
  • Advanced polling
I think it is an applicable solution for all medium to large companies. We all have the need for training and communication delivery, and Brainshark facilitates and simplifies that. Even if you just use it as a private YouTube you will see a benefit.
Read Brad Shafton's full review
Saadia Ali profile photo
December 18, 2014

Review: "Brainshark lets you create on-demand content quickly"

We use Brainshark on a regular basis to provide on-demand training content and bite-size learning to different departments at our company. It is a great tool for providing just-in-time training and since it can be viewed from any device, there is no restriction on when and where someone views the recordings. The process to create a Brainshark is very simple - upload your content and then record your voice. You can choose to include different assets like videos, web pages, surveys, quizzes etc. The reporting tool provides lots of details on content views and durations. For us it works really well and we can push it out through our LMS. Their support is great and we usually get a response back in less than 24 hours. A couple of enhancements I would like to see would be adding some sort of a timer to the quiz feature and more enhanced editing options.
  • Recording slide by slide and animation by animation gives you the ability to really tailor your talk track and message
  • Simple to use interface and features - easily create surveys and quizzes
  • The detailed reports really help you see how long someone stayed on a slide or did not for that matter. For compliance trainings you can setup completion criteria
  • Timer on quizzes would be a great enhancement
  • A simpler interface to editing the content. Too many clicks right now to edit content which can be minimized with a more robust editing UI
It is best suited to deliver on-demand content anywhere anytime. It is not restricted to any department or industry. I think everyone can take advantage of this tool. I have seen Marketing create content, Sales create short introduction Brainsharks, Finance create presentations, and HR use it for talking about benefits.
Read Saadia Ali's full review
Laura Prewitt Collins profile photo
December 10, 2014

User Review: "Brainshark Rocks!"

Our Client Services team uses Brainshark presentations to author and host videos that we use for client-facing resources distributed in our Product Help destination, email communications, and other sites. We create the following types of videos for client consumption: How To, Getting Started Guided Tour Videos, and Feature Release Videos. What is so valuable about Brainshark and essential to our success in creating and distributing information to our clients is:

• Ease of Use - Creating and updating a video is a cinch; the simple tool set and creation from PPT fits our needs exactly.
  • Hosting - By leveraging Brainshark to not only author but host the video it's a one-step process from authoring to distribution.
  • Reporting - We can see how often our videos are watched, how much of the video is watched, and more making it easy to determine the efficacy and popularity of the content.

Brainshark rocks!!

• Ease of Use
  • Hosting
  • Reporting
  • Custom Reporting
  • Syncing animations
  • Interactivity
Knowing your audience, purpose of the videos, and who will be authoring the videos are key considerations when analyzing a video vendor.
Read Laura Prewitt Collins's full review
Michael Helton profile photo
December 02, 2014

Review: "Brainshark is a smart choice for training content delivery"

We use Brainshark to support Pre-Class, In-Class, and Post-Class training for our sales force. It is also used for corporate training, legal training, and Compliance courses. It allows us to provide training on our intranet and outside of the organization. Most importantly, it is almost completely device agnostic, so I know our people will be able to view our training, videos and courses pretty much anytime and anywhere.
  • When they release upgrades and modules they work (not buggy like many other vendors).
  • World-class customer service with customer service (local in the US).
  • Continuous upgrades and enhancements (usually every 6 weeks).
  • The reports are robust but not completely customizable.
  • Admin functionality is good but not great.
How much complexity are your people able to use (and comprehend)? If they are all MIT grads, then Brainshark might be too simple and a more robust LMS/content delivery system may be applicable. If your people want click and play, then Brainshark is a good fit.
Read Michael Helton's full review
Bethany Sarazin profile photo
November 21, 2014

Review: "Brainshark - Don't know what I would do without it"

We use Brainshark across our organization for various training and communication needs. Brainshark is used for marketing, sales, compliance, training, internal communications, and much more.
  • Brainshark is user friendly and easy to use.
  • The premise of Brainshark utilizes tools that are readily accessible: PowerPoint and a telephone.
  • The viewing experience for those the receive a Brainshark presentation is seamless. Brainshark functions on nearly all mobile devices without requiring additional "apps".
  • Brainshark has so many great features that it is difficult for me to highlight any issues. We use the tool to its fullest and are extremely satisfied with its performance.
Brainshark is so versatile that it could be used by small companies and large organizations. It can fit nearly any facet.
Read Bethany Sarazin's full review
Sarah Jolly profile photo
November 20, 2014

User Review: "Brainshark for Training and Meetings"

We are using Brainshark for internal information sharing and alignment, and to cut down on time spent in meetings. The idea is to share information and regularly cadenced updates in a Brainshark, so then meetings are shorter and focused solely on decision making. We are now using it Enterprise wide.
  • On-demand presentation tool
  • Great support
  • Not great features for collaborating on presentations
  • Poor viewing in many countries in Asia
  • Cumbersome access structure for folders
Brainshark is great for training, and for quick information alignment. It is not great for situations where you need a lot of dialogue and face to face interactions.
Read Sarah Jolly's full review
Kim Parker profile photo
November 20, 2014

User Review: "Brainshark Success"

We use Brainshark Rapid Learning as a way to train our employees and track their scores and completion progress. We also use it to track recertification points. It's used across our entire organization, and has saved us significant time. In utilizing this product, we are able to train 1,400 employees without having them travel to our corporate office.
  • The reporting options in Brainshark are incredibly important to us. In our industry, we have to follow state regulations for training, and part of those regulations dictate how we track training completion and scores. Brainshark tracks all of that for us, ensuring accuracy and ease.
  • The creation of courses and presentations in Brainshark is very intuitive. Once their customer representatives have walked you through the process, you've got it. We were able to jump right in and begin creating our own training courses.
  • Brainshark tech support and customer service are incredibly prompt and helpful. The moment you send in a question or concern, they begin addressing it right away. We've yet to have an issue they couldn't handle.
  • So far, any time we've had suggestions for improvement, Brainshark has addressed them and made them happen, so I currently don't have any suggestions for something they could do differently.
Brainshark is well suited to both advertising and training. Currently, we use it exclusively for training. We find it very useful to enable IP restrictions. This allows us to put proprietary information on Brainshark and guarantee that only our employees will be able to view it. Security is excellent and tracking and reporting are spot on.
Read Kim Parker's full review
Ben Klein profile photo

"Brainshark review"

We originally began using it in just 1 department to train a few clients around the globe. However, in the last year or so, we have implemented it across multiple departments, and have now trained thousands internationally. It allows us to scale our educational offerings, and train those who we originally could not quite reach.
  • Incredible customer support. From our original sales person, to our account manager and technical consultant, everyone has our best interest as their first priority.
  • The product itself just works!
  • Their product management team is excellent. We have made suggestions as to what it may lack, and they have used those suggesitons to improve their product offerings.
  • User management is simple, but it would be nice if it was a bit more robust.
  • There is no bulk deletion mechanism, although I was told product teams are working on developing this.
  • Branding. I know there are ways we can remove their Brainshark logos and such, but it is at a cost, which sometimes our clients don't like.
The questions would be surrounding how robust of a system you need. For what we do, this is a great platform. It works as a learning management system for us, but our needs are not quite as in-depth as others may be. If you need ability to track multiple activities form users outside of the system, this is not good for it. However, for what we do, this is the best!
Read Ben Klein's full review
Brianna Rendine profile photo
November 20, 2014

User Review: "We love Brainshark!"

We have been using Brainshark to bridge the gap between formal and informal communications. As we try to gauge the effectiveness of our communications, Brainshark's metrics in conjunction with our SSO implementation have given us the ability to track retention and readability. This gives us a better understanding as to the way in which our employees receive messages and if they are in fact paying attention. We have streamlined many authors throughout the organization and that number grows daily.
  • Analytics that display views, length of view times, etc.
  • Integrate with many other platforms
  • Customer service is top notch
  • Incorporate touch capabilities for presentations on mobile devices other than answering questions
Identify business problems surrounding communications and see if they need to be mainstreamed to establish message consistency within large organizations.
Read Brianna Rendine's full review
Jo-Anne Newby profile photo
November 20, 2014

Brainshark Review: "A Worthwhile Investment"

We initially deployed Brainshark in one division of our organization but it has been met with such positive feedback and results that the rest of the organization may be deploying it as well. It provides an agile and mobile multi-media delivery platform for communications and training.
  • It is easy to create and deliver dynamic, engaging content.
  • The content can be viewed on multiple devices and platforms so it is easily accessible to all users.
  • The administration of the Brainshark is easy and painless and their support team is awesome!
  • I would love to see more detailed information regarding last time people logged in addition to the current usage statistics.
  • More flexibility to produce custom reports would be a nice value add.
  • More customizable, robust and attractive quiz/survey/knowledge check slides would be wonderful.
We continue to find new and different ways to use the platform and Brainshark does a great job of providing information on additional ways to create content and use Brainshark in organizations. I think any company could benefit from its use. Students could even use it for presentations and reports.
Read Jo-Anne Newby's full review
Christi Chambers profile photo
February 09, 2015

"Brainshark Review - A Great Training Tool Every Company Should Use!"

We use Brainshark for internal sales force training. It's mostly used by our Inside and Outside Sales Divisions. Brainshark allows our new and existing representatives to quickly get up to speed on their product knowledge. We are able to deliver a consistent message to all employees.
  • We like the ability to add audio to our courses
  • We like the ability to build the tests into the presentations and to track scores
  • We like the ability to pull reports on course completed, vs. not completed and to see who is using the system vs. who is not.
  • Better navigation to view and select courses by title, author
  • Easier course enrollments
  • Being able to easily navigate between the presentation side and learning lockers and know what side you are on
  • Advanced reporting
Read Christi Chambers's full review
Randy Guidry profile photo
November 21, 2014

User Review: "Brainshark uses for Training Library"

We utilize Brainshark for our entire internal training library. Education, testing and tracking are all done through Brainshark.
  • Mobile-friendly. Our associates need to access training from where they are, from an office to the cab of their truck. Brainshark provides.
  • Customized to our needs. We didn't have to fit Brainshark's mold. They worked to meet our needs where we were.
  • Excellent support. The tech support team has all the answers, no matter how complex.
  • Not aware of any at this time
Read Randy Guidry's full review
Ashley Ray Rambo profile photo
July 18, 2014

User Review: "BrainShark Reaches the Masses"

BrainShark is used to create brief tutorials so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel each time we have a message to get to a customers or a feature to train them on.
  • It couldn't be easier to use. You don't have to be technical at all.
  • The end product sounds professional and seamless, even if you did several takes.
  • You can easily replace pieces of content, audio and visual at any time without having to redo the entire presentation.
  • It could perhaps use more Flash content vs. just ppt to give the feel of a professional, in-studio piece. There could be add-ons you can purchase that I'm not aware of.
If you are looking for more of a web conference tool where you want to demonstrate something live, you should go for an online conferencing product. BrainShark is more for canned presentations to be housed on your intranet or a training library.
Read Ashley Ray Rambo's full review
Paul Zickert,  CPM profile photo
July 18, 2014

Review: "Brainshark- why it can work for you and your business"

Brainshark solved a few complex issues for us. First, we had numerous marketing videos, but no real way of sending them out other than through the mail and burning a new CD. We tackled this with Brainshark as it gave us a seamless online experience that we could send direct to customers both through email and/ or SFDC (Salesforce.com) through each contact record. Secondly, we used the Learning module within Brainshark. This enabled our training department to onboard new hires, train existing employees on new and past products/services and track the sales and account management departments overall progress on our product/ service knowledge.
  • Integration with SFDC. This was an integral part in choosing this tool as all of our solutions needed to connect directly through SFDC. It was a pretty seamless integration in terms of the setup and installation.
  • Videos- This was an easy way to load videos online. Even non-technical people can load videos. The process was very intuitive and easy to use.
  • Help- their help desk and service was very helpful. Almost even more helpful was their online resources and blogs. Many times I didn't even need to call the help desk as their online resources were very rich in content.
  • Larger video size. They continued to up the file size amount, but as video sizes get larger more room will be needed.
It is well suited for email marketing for videos, training for internal use and also internal video blogs by senior execs. I'd make sure whatever solution people look for, it works on any mobile or tablet device. I'd also ask any vendor what resources they have to help during the training/learning portion and make sure they are robust enough.
Read Paul Zickert, CPM's full review
Cate Vanasse profile photo
July 16, 2014

Brainshark Review: "A handy way to create interactive content quickly"

Brainshark allows us to quickly create materials to inform clients about our products and services.
  • Brainshark offers an easy to use interface to add audio and animation to your PowerPoint presentations.
  • The ability to easily edit a Brainshark is very helpful as updates are needed to the audio or visual aspects of your video.
  • The reporting offers great insight into who is interacting with your content, which platforms and devices they are on and their level of engagement
  • I'd like the ability to download the final slides from a Brainshark. To make changes, we often just upload one new slide and merge it to the audio. It is a bit of version control nightmare to ensure you have the latest version of the slides used for your files.
One point to note is that you don't create videos with Brainshark (in the traditional sense of the word), they are more animated presentations with animation, audio, chapters and great reporting on the back end. There are many use cases where this is the right format. We do however still work with a production agency to create more cinematic videos.
Read Cate Vanasse's full review

About Brainshark

Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content creation capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition. With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives.

Brainshark Features