Reviews (1-25 of 47)
- You can prepare your content and use it for coaching the sales team and reps in the manner that you like and based on your specific company context.
- You can record training sessions as videos and use them later as webinars and online training.
- It has a simple user-interface and this makes it more reliable and efficient.
- Supported only in iOS mobile devices, hence locks out Android users.
- The language supported, for now, is English and it should be expanded further to match other international languages.
- I love how easy creating a Brainshark and their formal learning is to use. Upload an animated Power Point, record audio, add music, or use videos etc.
- Their formal learning also keeps track of people in classes, allows us to invite people to a curricula, send notifications when classes are added, and update on the fly without having to resubmit all new classes.
- I also love that people in classes can run their own transcript and see where they are in a program, and if graded how they scored.
- I think their general reporting could be more robust and/or easier to use
- I don't like their main emphasis is now on sales. Our emphasis is education, technology, industry changes, as well as sales.
- We use the video slide feature often for promoting our products. The video slide provides more motion and activity to attract viewers at the very beginning of the presentation.
- SlideShark is a great mobile application that allows us to share presentation content and present during sales calls. It is easy to use and always ready.
- We have been passing parameters to and from the Brainshark guest book for years. Using the guest book parameters, you can capture viewer information without the viewer completing fields. This works great in email applications where you can pass attributes into the guest book automatically.
- Would like to see more user control for how videos are displayed in social media - selection of splash image, description, sizing, shareable links.
Review: "Brainshark - Enabling businesses of all sizes to more effectively create and mange their important and actionable content"
We typically address changing how a client creates and sends important and actionable content throughout their organization as well as to their customers.
- Easy to use and create content - we can get a basic PPT user up and running in less than an hour.
- Excellent tool to create a product library quickly and effectively so it can accessed by your employees through their easy to set up searchable content portal.
- If you are a SFDC user Brainshark is an excellent tool to create and manage sales, marketing and training content... and Brainshark easily connects to your SFDC platform
- Brainshark has addressed a number of feature enhancements over the past two years...it really performs at a high level on a consistent basis...
- Ocassionally we run into a large video file >500mb that we have to address directly with support but it does not happen very often...
- You can Track who watched and how many times your presentation was watched through their tracking service.
- Customer service is outstanding. They will walk you through any difficulties you encounter.
- They are always working and expanding the product to give me ways to engage with my audience
- They need to add closed captions to their player... using slide notes as a caption is not acceptable. Its been 3 yrs since I brought this up.
- They favor Apple products, I use droid and it seems like the droid app doesn't get the attention of the apple app.
- Pricing is a little steep compared to competitors
- Brainshark is a very user-friendly tool that can be learned in a very short period of time; which was extremely valuable as there was only one experienced Brainshark author in our company.
- Brainshark is a great way to communicate to a global audience. Our company has expanded their global footprint and often the only cost effective way to communicate or train in different time zones and remote locations is using tools like Brainshark.
- Brainshark provides us a hosting platform accessible across the globe where none exists today in our company.
- I'd like to see more reference material around reporting. Brainshark has robust reporting for this type of tool, but often it requires my calling the support desk to understand certain aspects of reporting.
- Tracks those who view the video and how much of the video they viewed
- Allows the video to skip to different areas based on responses from the viewer
- Provides Q&A ability so that viewers may be quizzed, and required to supply correct answers to continue if needed.
- The only thing that I have struggled with occasionally is embedding video into a split-screen presentation.
- Allow video to display within a presentation
- Allow you to easily replicate content
- User navigation is the best ever
- They have continuous improvement, the product always gets better
- I would like to be able to make simple edits to video, like eliminating dead space
- I would like more variety in the free background music choices
- I'd like to be able to take one slide out of a Brainshark and add it to another more easily. Although merge content is already pretty easy.
- Easy to use - upload PowerPoint and then add voice over
- Allows you to link to outside websites
- Professional looking finished product...can be set up to run almost like a movie for the end user.
- Would like to have the ability to do minor PowerPoint edits from inside the program.
- Would like to have a section header functionality...currently there are chapter titles, but it would be nice to be able to delineate one more level down.
- Improved functionality for moving slides, maybe an edit on the slide number that would allow you to quickly move it longer distances rather than drag and drop.
For communicating information, voice over PowerPoint even with assessment questions, this is a great solution. We also use Brandwatch for short commercial like communications and for providing timely information in an unexpected format from our leaders.
- Recording slide by slide and animation by animation gives you the ability to really tailor your talk track and message
- Simple to use interface and features - easily create surveys and quizzes
- The detailed reports really help you see how long someone stayed on a slide or did not for that matter. For compliance trainings you can setup completion criteria
- Timer on quizzes would be a great enhancement
- A simpler interface to editing the content. Too many clicks right now to edit content which can be minimized with a more robust editing UI
Our Client Services team uses Brainshark presentations to author and host videos that we use for client-facing resources distributed in our Product Help destination, email communications, and other sites. We create the following types of videos for client consumption: How To, Getting Started Guided Tour Videos, and Feature Release Videos. What is so valuable about Brainshark and essential to our success in creating and distributing information to our clients is:
- Ease of Use - Creating and updating a video is a cinch; the simple tool set and creation from PPT fits our needs exactly.
- Hosting - By leveraging Brainshark to not only author but host the video it's a one-step process from authoring to distribution.
- Reporting - We can see how often our videos are watched, how much of the video is watched, and more making it easy to determine the efficacy and popularity of the content.
- When they release upgrades and modules they work (not buggy like many other vendors).
- World-class customer service with customer service (local in the US).
- Continuous upgrades and enhancements (usually every 6 weeks).
- The reports are robust but not completely customizable.
- Admin functionality is good but not great.
- Brainshark is user friendly and easy to use.
- The premise of Brainshark utilizes tools that are readily accessible: PowerPoint and a telephone.
- The viewing experience for those the receive a Brainshark presentation is seamless. Brainshark functions on nearly all mobile devices without requiring additional "apps".
- Brainshark has so many great features that it is difficult for me to highlight any issues. We use the tool to its fullest and are extremely satisfied with its performance.
- The reporting options in Brainshark are incredibly important to us. In our industry, we have to follow state regulations for training, and part of those regulations dictate how we track training completion and scores. Brainshark tracks all of that for us, ensuring accuracy and ease.
- The creation of courses and presentations in Brainshark is very intuitive. Once their customer representatives have walked you through the process, you've got it. We were able to jump right in and begin creating our own training courses.
- Brainshark tech support and customer service are incredibly prompt and helpful. The moment you send in a question or concern, they begin addressing it right away. We've yet to have an issue they couldn't handle.
- So far, any time we've had suggestions for improvement, Brainshark has addressed them and made them happen, so I currently don't have any suggestions for something they could do differently.
- Incredible customer support. From our original sales person, to our account manager and technical consultant, everyone has our best interest as their first priority.
- The product itself just works!
- Their product management team is excellent. We have made suggestions as to what it may lack, and they have used those suggesitons to improve their product offerings.
- User management is simple, but it would be nice if it was a bit more robust.
- There is no bulk deletion mechanism, although I was told product teams are working on developing this.
- Branding. I know there are ways we can remove their Brainshark logos and such, but it is at a cost, which sometimes our clients don't like.
- Analytics that display views, length of view times, etc.
- Integrate with many other platforms
- Customer service is top notch
- Incorporate touch capabilities for presentations on mobile devices other than answering questions
- It is easy to create and deliver dynamic, engaging content.
- The content can be viewed on multiple devices and platforms so it is easily accessible to all users.
- The administration of the Brainshark is easy and painless and their support team is awesome!
- I would love to see more detailed information regarding last time people logged in addition to the current usage statistics.
- More flexibility to produce custom reports would be a nice value add.
- More customizable, robust and attractive quiz/survey/knowledge check slides would be wonderful.
- We like the ability to add audio to our courses
- We like the ability to build the tests into the presentations and to track scores
- We like the ability to pull reports on course completed, vs. not completed and to see who is using the system vs. who is not.
- Better navigation to view and select courses by title, author
- Easier course enrollments
- Being able to easily navigate between the presentation side and learning lockers and know what side you are on
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile-friendly. Our associates need to access training from where they are, from an office to the cab of their truck. Brainshark provides.
- Customized to our needs. We didn't have to fit Brainshark's mold. They worked to meet our needs where we were.
- Excellent support. The tech support team has all the answers, no matter how complex.
- Not aware of any at this time
- It couldn't be easier to use. You don't have to be technical at all.
- The end product sounds professional and seamless, even if you did several takes.
- You can easily replace pieces of content, audio and visual at any time without having to redo the entire presentation.
- It could perhaps use more Flash content vs. just ppt to give the feel of a professional, in-studio piece. There could be add-ons you can purchase that I'm not aware of.
- Integration with SFDC. This was an integral part in choosing this tool as all of our solutions needed to connect directly through SFDC. It was a pretty seamless integration in terms of the setup and installation.
- Videos- This was an easy way to load videos online. Even non-technical people can load videos. The process was very intuitive and easy to use.
- Help- their help desk and service was very helpful. Almost even more helpful was their online resources and blogs. Many times I didn't even need to call the help desk as their online resources were very rich in content.
- Larger video size. They continued to up the file size amount, but as video sizes get larger more room will be needed.
Brainshark Scorecard Summary
Brainshark Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Brainshark Technical Details