Overall Satisfaction with IBM Unica
We use IBM Unica to manage all of our email marketing campaigns and a large number of direct mail and telemarketing campaigns. We use the Distributed Marketing tool to allow our field employees to generate corporate compliant marketing emails to members and prospects.
- Campaign and eMessage have proven to be well integrated and reliable tools for managing email campaigns.
- Use of segments and templates in Campaign allows for easy use of recurring data selection processes.
- eMessage features, such as the document editor, Global Suppression, and activity tracking, have been relatively reliable and easy to use.
- Distributed Marketing tools is flexible in its application with lots of potential applications.
- Integration of Distributed Marketing and IBM Scheduler with Campaign and eMessage still needs work.
- Transporting projects betwen development, test, and production environments does not work well.
- Distributed Marketing tool still seems to be immature, particularly data security mechanisms (XML documents that, when refreshed, require JVMs to be restarted).
- Increased capability in field email marketing
- Faster turnaround time for campaign execution