Sometimes the platform has …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hopin, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
There are core features to each Hopin event: the Reception, Stage, Sessions, Networking, and Expo area — each delivers a unique and personal interaction over live video for attendees, sponsors, speakers, and vendors.
Hopin offers users registration, livestreaming, email, and analytics all included, so there is no need to stack separate platforms. Hopin works with pre-recorded content, live broadcasts, and RTMP streams so users can keep things simple or go all out with video production. Organizers have full access to change anything about their event at anytime.
Whether for users hosting a 50-person meetup or a 50,000 person conference, the vendor boasts thousands of organizations around the world using Hopin to accomplish community and marketing objectives.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||German, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portugese, Spanish|
- Great usability - not overly complicated
- Accessibility - easy registration, clear interface
- Multifaceted uses across all areas of the platform
- Main chat function can get a little messy when used incorrectly/spammed
- Collaborative Sessions/Roundtable Discussions
- Ease of use for Attendees
- Customization of design
- Hybrid Events with the use of the mobile app
- Group Networking
- Area for Speaker bios/profiles
- Streamyard into Sessions
Sometimes the platform has technical issues, which are pretty difficult to be detected and fixed. This can be disappointing for our users.
The communication with Hopin account manager is nice, we touch base regularly.
However, their customer service failed on understanding an issue we explained during an event.
- Live stream
- Networking option
- Ticket sales - they don't provide an invoice with details to clients (most of them are corporate)
- High prices
- Technical issues during events
Less appropriate for networking and for selling tickets.
- Ease of setting up for internal team
- User friedly for attendees
- Great support team who are always happy to help
- HIghly customisable appearance/ functionalities
- Improved reporting and analytics
- Ability to easily differentiate who is an in person attendees and who is a virtual attendee at a hybrid event
- Multi stage access and interaction
- Easy and straightforward UX
- Integration with a professional studio like streamyard
- integration with multiple partners
- Networking! The worse in the market of the top 10 platforms
- Expo area could benefit from better organization
- Reception is very simple and could have a better experience
- Helpful team - very supportive and informative
- Chat - the in-session and entire event chats are very helpful
- Speed Networking - we loved connecting one-on-one in an easy way
- Backend Template - it might be helpful to have some examples of how to set up the backend. The first time we set up our event was the most challenging, as it typically is.
- Interesting Features that improve engagement.
- Managing speakers separately with Streamyard.
- Providing very detailed analytics.
- Ease of sharing recordings with people who missed the event.
- Missing the ability to create recurring events.
- Having to have someone dedicated to managing the event and putting speakers on stage instead of it being automated.
- Registrations and ticket buying for events could be simplified even more.
- Post-event analytics
- Streamyard studio for production quality
- Customer Service
- The registration system is still confusing to set up and about creating/not needing to create a Hopin account for any event
- Logical, easy-to-use interface
- Customizable brand look & feel
- Easy to scale for small or large experiences
- Gamification is lacking
- Easy to use from the presenter standpoint
- Easy to set up events
- Easy for attendees to navigate
- Attendees seem to have a hard time accessing login easily at start of event
- Wish call to action on Expo page was not linked to main web address. That is limiting for our vendors
- Would like more gamification to drive attendance to expo booths. Like a game or scavenger hunt built in.
Access to join seems to be more difficult for attendees
- 1-2 networking
- Enabling rtmp streams so you can do your own branded stream
- slido integration
- They are still working on on-demand content, were very against it at first so have only started to let people view sessions on-demand that they missed life, within the platform
- Vendors can set up and preview their own booths
- Networking feature is what sets Hopin apart
- I like the video conferencing and I'm glad it's not in a "fake world"
- I'm glad to see accessibility being prioritized
- Integrations are super helfpul
- too much clicking in the set up process
- I want to be able to do more things in a bulk edit scenario
- ticketing has improved
- Releases new features regularly
- Communicates feature releases well
- Accessibility could be improved
- Support documentation is lacking detail, unable to keep up with new releases
- The conference interface is simple, yet gives the features that add value.
- Customer service and tech support is fast and efficient.
- They are aggressively improving the product.
- It's quality at an attractive price.
- In 2022, I plan to use more of the features. For now, it covers me with no complaints.
- The only issue I have is a small glitch. When setting up the date and time of an event, sometimes the system tells me that what I'm asking for is in the past. Maybe it's a timezone thing. Hopin support gave me the workaround. I set the date/time well into the future, and once the event is set up, I simply change the date/time to what I want. It was a 15-second fix. Other than this, these guys make it easy-peasy to do the tech setup for events.
- Its customer support is amazing
- It is very agile and develops its platform monthly
- It's extremely stable and easy to use and access
- The German translation is not really the best
- The pricing model is challenging
- It is a complete system
- Offers solutions for attendees and sponsors too
- It has its own community of events platform that could help ticket sales
- very expensive tool
- It improved a lot but missed functions like sponsors were able to see their events before it went live (fixed)
- We had issues 2x in the last 1,5 years during events, Once it was outside of Hopin responsibility.
- It is easy to use and simple, but also lucks of uniqueness and can only be personalised if you pay a high package.
- Hopin can help you organize a virtual conference like a pro
- The platforms allows for multiple speakers and thousand of attendees
- It provides a platform for interactive sessions, roundtables, webinars, or keynotes
- More interactive features
- More analytics
- Digital event production
- 1:1 networking
- Simplicity of use
- Account management responsiveness
- More flexible breakout sessions
- More customization on the interactive elements
- Ease of customization
- Cost for additional registrants - they're not too competitive here
- Single Main Stage
- Closed Environment
- Session Room Flexibility
- Support with OBS users in mind
- Session rooms need all functionality of Expo Booths
- Replay functionality limited when using OBS streaming
- Awesome for managing several sets of panelists
- Very easy to manage event attendees
- Love the chat functionality during the events, enabling the audience to connect with each other
- Hugely simple for anyone with little tech knowledge to design and run an event
- Cost effective for the volume of events we run, where we need scale and quality
- Live streaming an event is also very well catered for
- Branding across the platform is simple to implement
- Would love to see some more analytics from the events we run
- It would be great to report across events more easily
- The interface is very clean and customizable. Some of the other solutions I've looked into are not as easy to customize or have a "clunky" interface.
- Hopin is always improving. Several sticking points for us that existed 3 months ago have been updated and improved so they are no longer issues for us.
- Hopin has acquired the platform StreamYard, which is a very powerful and simple live studio solution, and they have actively integrated StreamYard into the Hopin platform.
- Hopin charges based on number of "registrants" rather than number of "attendees." This has forced us to use a workaround method and not allowed us to use all of the tools available because, especially if we're holding a free event, we don't want to pay for a lot of registrants when only a percentage of them will actually attend the event.
- The streaming quality is great, but it doesn't perform as well as YouTube or Facebook with weaker viewer connections. We receive many more complaints about the video feed stopping and starting than when we broadcast through YouTube or Facebook. Hopin does give us the ability to use YouTube as the source of the video stream, but that comes with its own set of problems, where users may click on the YouTube branding and be directed to watch on YouTube, outside of the Hopin platform.
- Some additional options would be nice, such as being able to disable anonymous viewer comments/questions would be helpful.
- The software is very expensive. It comes with a 5-figure yearly license fee plus cost per registrant fee referenced above.
- Ease of use
- Better app
- More customization
- The broadcast-quality video and audio in Hopin are sorely missed when we try using other platforms.
- The Sessions area for unlimited simultaneous live or recorded roundtable discussions, demos, viewing parties, pitch sessions, games, interviews, etc., literally makes or breaks an event for us. The attendees love it!
- Hopin's team delivers product updates seemingly weekly. I couldn't be happier about how the product has grown and allowed us to better serve our audience, with new features and integrations.
- The biggest hangup we've encountered is from guest speakers who need to join us on either tablets or smartphones. Hopin doesn't play well with mobile devices for onscreen guests.
- I'd like to see the broadcasts in vendor booths be recordable in the way broadcasts in the sessions or on the stage are.
- Virtual events
- Backstage management
- Training for platform use
- Number of seats available backstage
- Additional interactive elements
- Breakout rooms
- Engagement with attendees
- More tutorials of how to use