User Review: "SmartSheet makes us smarter!"https://www.trustradius.com/project-managementSmartsheetUnspecified82081012014-04-11T19:03:16.539Z
Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
We use SmartSheet to manage and track all of our Advancement projects at my small liberal arts college. Two of our smartsheets have departmental user input forms and then my staff members use the SmartSheet as a queue of requests. We used it to manage our move to another building. We use it as a tool to manage and maintain our student worker's tasks-we add "things to do" all week and when she is here on Monday and Wednesday, she goes right to the list and works through it. As a manager, I love it because every night I get updates of all the changes and at a quick glance, I know the workload of my staff and can adjust as needed. The search functionality is also something that we have grown to love-often needing it to answer questions if someone is away on vacation or out sick. Everyone in my group says that "SmartSheet" helps them work SMARTER!!
- Easy to build forms that can be hyperlinked so end users don't need an account.
- Email updates about changes, which helps me manage staff workload and avoids me "checking" on projects. When I have one on one meetings with my staff, we can talk about issues and challenges rather than them giving me status updates.
- Attachments and even more important- tracking versions of attachments.
- The search feature has been wonderful-especially the fact that it can search in the whole account.
- I love the conditional rule feature- I LOVE changing the font to "strikethrough" for complete tasks!
- The import/export feature with Excel has been an amazing timesaver for our staff.
- I am the admin, but some of my users have started adding their own "sheets" in the "Trial version" mode and I have to take ownership. Luckily, it isn't difficult, but just a small annoyance.
- There are some features that we would like to see improved on the forms, such as multiple selects.
- We would like to be able to use multiple filters on some fields that don't currently allow it.
- Our staff efficiency has greatly increased. We serve about 20 internal customers who request mailing lists and reports 2-3 times a day. Our previous solution was a website that sent an email, but we didn't have a repository and my staff just had to manage her tasks using email, which was very inefficient. Now she uses SmartSheet to do recurring tasks, reminders, track hours per request, requester, etc.
- My staff meetings are shorter and deeper in content. Instead of reviewing all the projects, we talk about obstacles, challenges and successes!
- When we are SWAMPED, it makes it easier for me to justify balancing workloads, hiring temporary help, and paying overtime.
- I no longer have to micro-manage projects-I just setup a SmartSheet and check in as needed.
- The iPad app makes it easy for me to check in even when I'm not at my computer.
I was familiar with it, but no one else at my organization had it installed. I had to print to PDF and just send PDF files to everyone. I was the only person who could create or update and that was burdening my time and workload.
The reasons why I chose SmartSheet were the low price, ease of use, and ease of collaboration. First, I did a trial and tested it, my staff fell in love with it and the price was fantastic. I have used MS Project for about 15 years, but was never happy because I couldn't easily share and I was the only one with access.