Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Cognito
We use Amazon Cognito for authentication purposes for mobile and web applications. It is used locally within our department. Being a service company, when our customers ask for other mechanisms, we adapt to them as well. We solve the sign-up and sign-in of the mobile and web application via Amazon Cognito.
- It is really easy to set up signup and sign-in for mobile and web applications which makes overall development faster, helps focus more on business.
- It supports multi factor authentication and standard encryption algorithm. This helps tighten the security without investing a lot of time.
- It supports access management via Oauth 2.0 which makes authorization job easy.
- User can use Google, Facebook and Microsoft AD services for sign-in purpose helps reducing user efforts to register or signup within the application.
- As such I do not find any major things as cons. However they can improve the documentation.
- Sometimes additional customisation increases complexity. Most of those advanced features are not used frequently.
- Since we needed to provide Microsoft AD support for sign-in purpose, use of Cognito Service saved a lot of time.
Do you think Amazon Cognito delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon Cognito's feature set?
Did Amazon Cognito live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Amazon Cognito go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon Cognito again?
This is a plug and play kind of service for sign-in, signup and access control. As this is a managed service, one need not take care of scale and other infrastructure issues. When the user scale is to a large extent or special compliance like HIPAA required, this one is worth trying. For a smaller user base, I prefer to go with the traditional approach.