Easy to use!
Updated October 25, 2019
Easy to use!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
Avalara is integrated with our ERP system in order to tax our customers and remit taxes. When an invoice is created with customer information and the items are populated on the invoice, the system pings the Avalara system and gathers the correct tax rate and amount to put on the invoice. This ensures that our system is taxing the customer and we are remitting taxes correctly.
- If there is a question about the tax on an invoice, it is easy to check the transaction and each jurisdiction of the tax.
- It is easy to download reports to reconcile at the end of the month.
- Anything can be downloaded to analyze the data.
- When an invoice has been voided it is a little cumbersome to pull up. It would be great to see this along with the original invoice.
- Make it easier to discuss problems instead of having to always go to the Account Rep.
- Sometimes reports do not match the return. Having a discrepancy report or a way to identify them would be great.
- The new upgrade makes it more difficult to find previous transactions.
- Avalara has enabled us to be more productive and focus on other items.
- Avalara provides information in a great format.
- Avalara has reduced our need for a full tax department
No implementation was completed before I came on board. I would like to look into this more once I have more time.
- We have integrated with E-Automate.
This was completed before I came on board.
Avalara is easy for a user to access and check data. The reports are easy to pull and reconcile in addition to the flexibility of the website. I was not given any official training on the site and was able to pick up and use without much complication. It's user-friendly.
We are currently using return filing with Avalara. The data is pulled after the first of the month and then compiled for filing to the appropriate authorities. Currently we are is almost all states which is labor intensive and not feasible to have staff prepare and file these returns.
If you are in difficult states to file or have more than you can handle staff-wise, then this is a great alternative. Avalara will provide a great way to pull all your data into a concise form and file the taxes for you. You must manage the business licenses and registrations in order for Avalara to file taxes.
Avalara Feature Ratings
2 - Currently we have staff to reconcile the Avalara data with our ERP system to insure all transactions are accounted for. If there are differences in the 2 data bases then they are investigated and changed if need be.
- To file correct and timely tax returns
- To provide correct tax calculations on complicated taxing jurisdictions.
- To provide timely support for our questions or concerns.
- We have utilized Avalara with our AP team. To ensure taxes we are charged are calculated correctly.
- I am not aware of any at this time. They only resource we are currently not using that Avalara offers is the management of tax exempt certificates. We only have a few customers who are tax exempt. Maybe if this was to grow then we could justify this service.
It has been a easy road with Avalara. It is difficult to investigate issues and concerns.
Evaluating Avalara and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
We were manually filing sales tax returns and the business was growing to a point where is was not feasible to continue the manual process.
Sometimes it is difficult getting past our rep. The problem is discuss with the rep. Then if they decide it needs support then we have to set up a time to get with support. then repeat the problem. It can be a time waster. It would be beneficial to be able to go straight to support when I have an issue.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Support cares about my success
Difficult to get immediate help