Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
We use Avalara to manage sales tax from acquiring taxes rates at point of sale to filing returns. Our accounting system is Acumatica and our online store is through Shopify, both of which are integrated with Avalara. Using Avalara ensures correct tax rates are applied along with timely and compliant filing.
- Dynamic acquisition and application of address-based tax rates
- Tax filing per the current tax laws and regulations
- Provide necessary data for monthly reconciliations
- Support center often has long phone queues. It can be frustrating when you need immediate assistance
- System gets bogged down around the time for approvals
- Avalara has allowed continued management of S&U Taxes with minimal resources as our company has grown expanding its nexus to all 50 states.
Be prepared with all your filing information as it is key to setting up your filing calendar. Be aware that Avalara uses your logins for most states.
We are integrated at the transaction (order/invoice) level. I can speak to difficulty of integration as it was handled apart from me.
Because I found it easy to get up to speed upon implementation and I find the interface to be intuitive.