Avalara taxing can relieve some tax stress
Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
- Calculating the correct tax including state increased rates when applicable.
- With a little adjusting, I was able to find a way to get an audit report of the sales and sales tax charged for an audit that satisfied an auditor.
- Taxing based on an address that correctly taxed even though the city was different than the ship to city. I verified this by checking on the state as when running different reports I was confused why, but when I checked on the state there was a reason that explained it.
- I had an issue where my general ledger recoded one state for the sale, but Avalara recorded another. When I looked at the zip code it was evident that the state listed on the invoice was incorrect, but Avalara taxed on the correct state because it taxed on the zip code.
- I use multiple reports - because in different states my company is classified different - and I have to watch the total gross because it is different on reports, as some give the gross after the discount and others do not. This sometimes causes an imbalance. The discount is a cost reduction of the item so it should be considered in all reports as a reduction to the gross.
- At month end I have some manual billings that need to be entered and even though I am working in the system the system times out on me. At times in the middle of a transaction.
- On entering exemptions, if I have multiple to enter for one customer the system will sometime[s] log out in the middle and does not save it so I have to re-enter data.
- This definitely saves time in calculating tax and also in getting the correct tax rates based on the address which can validated to be correct, and the date in which the taxing is taking place to make sure you are using the correct rate.
- As I am an the only one that does both the customer and vendor exemptions, on top of other duties (my manager is my backup), this allows me to focus more on the other duties by saving time.
- For compiling and completing returns since I am the only employee that does these, and we are in nearly every state, the data that I get allows me to complete these on time. Sometimes it takes me to the exact due dates but I have done this before without the aid of a taxing software and this is a big benefit in being able to get accurate reports.
- Quoting by the sales teams
- ERP Software Salesforce in relay to a third system NetSuite
- ERP Software to SAP
Well Suited: On my manual tax credits that I enter it helps to enter them especially on states such as CA, TX, and other states entered by counties.
On the same as the well suited above although the system lets the tax credit to be entered it does not allow you to correct the taxable and exempt bases, therefore adjustments to the reports needs to be done for this data.