Overall Satisfaction with Bitbucket
- The interface is awesome, and accomplishing tasks is fantastic
- There are many tools and options within the repo setting available to you
- Manages pull reqeusts and user based access control to branches
- Hosted which means the code is out of your control on someone else's server
- Web interface can sometimes be slow
- More hooks
- We can now work faster without worrying about working over each other's code
- Peace of mind knowing that the code is securely distributed to team members
- Initially, it feels like using Bitbucket makes you slower, but it takes time to adjust to new skills
Drastically simpler both in pricing and ease of use than the competition. For only $10/month your team has unlimited private repos! That is an outright bargain! If you are a small team that doesn't require all of the advanced services that come with larger infrastructure and more cost associated with the competition, consider this product!
It is well suited for smaller agile teams of designers and developers that don't want to spend too much time setting up a git server on their own. I can't tell you how incredibly easy it is to get started using git versioning with Bitbucket! It's almost too easy. I definitely recommend allowing yourself some time to find the best workflow that suits you and your team. The great thing is with Bitbucket it is flexible so that you can easily adapt your workflow as your team grows and changes.
8 - Our users include UI designers, back end and front end designers, graphic designers and developers. Our team comprises various levels of design and development experience, and a range of software from small code editors to complex IDEs. We have many team members working on various levels of static and dynamic development.
1 - You really only need one person to fill the role of administrator and gatekeeper who assigns people to the team, gives the team groups and roles. From there you can use minimal effort to ensure that your team members are following protocols, enhance your workflows by addressing and implementing feedback and tying in third party hooks to the service that also enhance workflow as well as implementing built in mechanisms for trouble tickets and Wikis.
- Makes it easy to switch codebases for a project and maintain simultaneous branches
- Hooks into other products that let you leverage advanced and customized actions
- Cloud based code implementations for live projects that are handled directly from the repo
- Separating roles within the division to a more focused reviewer based system
- Allowing designers and developers to have freedom as far as reviewing each others work
There isn't another similar product that I would be able to find that would meet all of these needs without me implementing my own self-hosted service locally on premises that was accessible to off-site team members. For the cost, this is one of the services that you just can't find a way to get rid of. It's incredibly affordable and incredibly beneficial.