Great for small groups of online studentshttps://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingBlackboard CollaborateUnspecified6.9901012018-02-01T23:35:38.292Z
February 01, 2018
Great for small groups of online students
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate is generally used across our e-school. Teachers use the software to present live and recorded lessons to our students across the state of Florida. It allows us to deliver instruction in a more interactive method, reaching all types of learners and incorporating audio, video, and interaction.
- Enables teachers to upload PowerPoint presentations and display them for the class
- Allows multiple people to be present at one time
- Has adequate tools for teachers to be able to engage class in interaction (polling, raising hand, allowing microphone and video camera sharing)
- Blackboard Collaborate frequently causes us to see "Exception errors"
- Students and teachers regularly get "kicked out" of the online classroom/lose connectivity
- PowerPoints are static. Does not support animations unless using another program to upload.
- We've been better able to engage students in their learning opportunities
- We can host reviews, allowing students to prepare better for exams, and thus boosting test scores
- We can get to know our online students in a personal way
Blackboard is just the most widely known software. All of them have issues and glitches, but Blackboard is well supported.